• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology Paper 1

Reaction score
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

exactly!!!!

im already thinking at least 7 of my questions were wrong!!!

Reaction score
yes. I thought it was easy. but then...i got shocked. lol. was a real tricky paper. cant call it easy.

Reaction score
yes it was hard, and I am suppose to be really good at biology. People who claim it easy are mostly people who didn't even realise the mistakes they might have made. btw do you think we can discuss the paper now? I have a few things I want to ask you guys.

haha we all have severe OCD :p

Reaction score
For the first thing to come out when photosynthesis takes place. It's a sugar right.

Reaction score
But i stuck on the one :%) :crazy:
and some
hahaha
seriously it was hard i needed to use my mind :)
EXAMS ARE OVER
yaybe ATLAST

Reaction score
yeah it was the sugar.

remember question 20 and 21, the 2 about breathing rate after exercise and Lung air pressure? what did you choose?

and also in which condition is the seed most likely to germinate?

it's B : 18 degrees celcius, with boiled water, isn't it?

also question 2, about the insect, how many did you choose? I choose 2

Reaction score
guys was the question with those 4 arthropods (the one asking for how many insects where present,)

how many insects where present, 2 right?

Reaction score
Chemguy said:
guys was the question with those 4 arthropods (the one asking for how many insects where present,)

how many insects where present, 2 right?
1! Da answer was a :twisted:

Reaction score
2 insects ... dry mass question --- i did germinating seed "under the ground" since it uses the stored food...
and yup the photosynthesis qs. was sugar .. the seed pod was confusing i did A stupidly :p but it was D (bio teacher)
gotta say it was tricky .. not dat easy :)

Reaction score
NOOB12345 said:
yeah it was the sugar.

remember question 20 and 21, the 2 about breathing rate after exercise and Lung air pressure? what did you choose?

and also in which condition is the seed most likely to germinate?

it's B : 18 degrees celcius, with boiled water, isn't it?

also question 2, about the insect, how many did you choose? I choose 2

I believe it was Damp Cotton wool in 18 degrees celcius, as boiled water would denature enzymes.

I chose 1 insect.

And yes, the first product is Sugar, as Carbon dioxide and Water are used to form Glucose (sugar) and oxygen

Outofideaz said:
2 insects ... dry mass question --- i did germinating seed "under the ground" since it uses the stored food...
and yup the photosynthesis qs. was sugar .. the seed pod was confusing i did A stupidly :p but it was D (bio teacher)
gotta say it was tricky .. not dat easy :)

Yeah, the pod was D, as pollen tube grows grom the pollen grain stuck on the stigma. It can't come out of the sepals (A).

Reaction score
for the lung pressure i rote C .. sine it said wen the ribs begin to raise ... so volume increases and the pressure decreases ... and C was where the curve began to go down

Reaction score
Outofideaz said:
for the lung pressure i rote C .. sine it said wen the ribs begin to raise ... so volume increases and the pressure decreases ... and C was where the curve began to go down

That's correct. The atmospheric pressure and the inside pressure is equal, so when we breathe the lungs expand, volume increases, so rate of collision decreases (pressure decreases)

Reaction score
what about the breathing rate after exercise question? and the one about bean where they ask which route the pollen takes to go to ovary?

Reaction score
NOOB12345 said:
what about the breathing rate after exercise question? and the one about bean where they ask which route the pollen takes to go to ovary?

For the breathing rate I wrote C, actually this exact question came up in paper 1 2006 May/June, so you can check the mark scheme for it :)

and for the pollen question I chose D.