• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

biology paper 1 doubts

Reaction score
View attachment 18170 Why is the answer D ?
Are there really antigens on the surface of phagocytes ?
From the cambridge book it says that there are antibody receptors on white blood cells.I just dont get it !
Do you recall that process where specific antigens to a pathogen are arranged on the cell surface membrane of phagocytes?

Reaction score
20 A peptide consists of ten amino acids of four different kinds.
What is the theoretical minimum number of different tRNA molecules required to translate the
mRNA for this peptide?
A 4
B 10
C 12
D 30

Help? I dont understand!

Reaction score
What is the theoretical minimum number of different tRNA molecules required to translate the
mRNA for this peptide?
A 4
B 10
C 12
D 30

Help? I dont understand!
Answer is A.
tRNA can be reused, meaning that after the amino acid that it holds creates a peptide bond with another amino acid, the tRNA molecule leaves the amino acid and try to bond with the same type of amino acids lying in the cytoplasm.

There are four types of amino acids, therefore 4 types of tRNA can be used.

hope my answer helps.

Reaction score
t
mRNA for this peptide?
A 4
B 10
C 12
D 30

Help? I dont understand!
tRNA molecule is specific to one type of aminoacid. Since the polypeptide contains four different types of aminoacids, the minimum number of tRNA molecules needed would be 4. One for each type of amino acid.

Reaction score
Answer is A.
tRNA can be reused, meaning that after the amino acid that it holds creates a peptide bond with another amino acid, the tRNA molecule leaves the amino acid and try to bond with the same type of amino acids lying in the cytoplasm.

There are four types of amino acids, therefore 4 types of tRNA can be used.

hope my answer helps.
Thank you! It did help :D

Reaction score
t
tRNA molecule is specific to one type of aminoacid. Since the polypeptide contains four different types of aminoacids, the minimum number of tRNA molecules needed would be 4. One for each type of amino acid.
Thanks man! :)

Reaction score
From one of the mcq i deduced that smoking increases the blood cholesterol level . How is that???

Reaction score
Guys sometomes they adk us the diameter of organelles or cellsr in paper 1 how do we know it???

Reaction score
3.png
Ok so I know 1 is the dexoyribose sugar and 2 is the phosphate molecule, how do you decide although between 3 and 4?

Reaction score
From one of the mcq i deduced that smoking increases the blood cholesterol level . How is that???

Because cigarette smoke contains nicotine, the nicotine causes atherosclerosis (which occurs when macrophages accumulate in arteries ) to occur where fats and cholesterol build up in arteries (causing plaques). This is why the blood cholesterol level increases.

Reaction score
Because cigarette smoke contains nicotine, the nicotine causes atherosclerosis (which occurs when macrophages accumulate in arteries ) to occur where fats and cholesterol build up in arteries (causing plaques). This is why the blood cholesterol level increases.
thanks buddy!

Reaction score
Salam alaykum,
Can someone please help with this question.
I don't get this.. ;(
Thank you in advance

Attachments

• octn11 q24.png
    octn11 q24.png
    60.1 KB · Views: 13