• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

biology paper 1 doubts

Reaction score
I dont know if this question has been discussed here before or not,
Increasing which component increases the fluidity of the membrane?
I was confused between cholestrol or glycolipids.
What did u all choose?

Reaction score
the option ddnt say "fatty acids" it said fatty deposits or something like that.
And yes, they do get deposited in the arteries and veins, which narrows the diameter of the blood vessel (possibly the coronary artery) therefore reducing the blood supply (oxygen and nutrients) to the heart. Reduced oxygen to the cardiac muscle, the heart fails to work, ie. heart attack.
Yes sorry i meant fat deposits. Artery yes im sure it does its work there but veins well i was doubtful.

Reaction score
hmmm. but doesnt the cholestrol just maintain the rigidity. How is increasing it going to increase the fluidity?
i chose glycolipids. The lipid tail could be an unsaturated fatty acid chain, therefore increasing the kinks and the fluidity... no..?
hmm that makes sense actually but i choosed Cholestrol

Reaction score
What about the first question? which objective/eyepiece lens would show the greatest number of cells?

Reaction score
How many of u are 100% sure about the question which says ' which bonds were effected on the beta-chain of the heamogloin'??? I did primary,secondary & tertiary bonds! & i have a strong logic behind that!!!!.....But few ppl are saying for 'primary only'.......
Which one You guys wrote????

Reaction score
I chose tertiary too. Any idea if that's correct?
Look i have a logic behind this! If aminoacid such as gulatimic acid replaces valine ( this takes place at the beta-chain! and the question also mentiones about the beta-chain)...making haemoglobin insoluble...then it would ultimately effect the tertiary bonds too!!! Same just as in enzymes :)