• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

biology paper 1 doubts

Reaction score
What was the answer for the statements question about apoplast and symplast pathway? there was a statement that said water moves through the PLASMODESMATA in APOPLAST pathway so i i didn't choose this statement i choosed the other 2 statements ...

Reaction score
What was the answer for the statements question about apoplast and symplast pathway? there was a statement that said water moves through the PLASMODESMATA in APOPLAST pathway so i i didn't choose this statement i choosed the other 2 statements ...
I honestly forgot that one :/

Reaction score
Yes that statement was rubbish. I think I chose the others too

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I just came from school, and I've missed most of the discussions. If anyone's interested, here are the answers that I remember.

Actual size of cell = 50 micrometers
In prokaryotes, ER is absent and DNA is the genetic material
Lysosomes and Golgi apparatus have single membranes (2 and 3)
Prokaryotes are 750 nm = 0.75 micrometers on average (and I think that was option B)
Glycosidic bonds are broken down by dilute hydrochloric acid
Primary, secondary, and tertiary were affected
Heart graph: 1,2,4,3
Volume of oxygen exchanged per minute = 325 cm^3 ([19-12.5]*[5000/100])
Enzymes lower the activation energy required to start a reaction
Glucose and proteins have C=O (carboxyl) group
Water potential of solutions: both "less negative" (option A, I think)
Measels is spread in overcrowded conditions only (3 only)
Organism C increases in number
NPP = GPP - respiration

Reaction score
No, the one which gave that list of organelles such as nucleus, mitochondrion, etc & asked which one of them had a single membrane?
ohh that was easy ! it was golgi apparatus , lysosomes and ER ( not sure whether ER was there in the choices) but i'm sure it's not ( nucleus, mitochondria or chloroplast) since they have a double membrane

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I just came from school, and I've missed most of the discussions. If anyone's interested, here are the answers that I remember.

Actual size of cell = 50 micrometers
In prokaryotes, ER is absent and DNA is the genetic material
Lysosomes and Golgi apparatus have single membranes (2 and 3)
Prokaryotes are 750 nm = 0.75 micrometers on average (and I think that was option B)
Glycosidic bonds are broken down by dilute hydrochloric acid
Primary, secondary, and tertiary were affected
Heart graph: 1,2,4,3
Volume of oxygen exchanged per minute = 325 cm^3 ([19-12.5]*[5000/100])
Enzymes lower the activation energy required to start a reaction
Glucose and proteins have C=O (carboxyl) group
Water potential of solutions: both "less negative" (option A, I think)
Measels is spread in overcrowded conditions only (3 only)
Organism C increases in number
NPP = GPP - respiration

For the plant material placed in solutions of different concentrations, shouldn't the water potential of the cells be higher, and that of the external solution be lower in the concentrated solution and vice-versa for the dilute solution? :/

Reaction score
For the plant material placed in solutions of different concentrations, shouldn't the water potential of the cells be higher, and that of the external solution be lower in the concentrated solution and vice-versa for the dilute solution? :/
It was a repeated question! The answer was A :|