• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology P5 urgent question, help needed! plus P5 discussion for june 2014

Reaction score
Guys I need help please. In june 2009 (P5) 3 biii, I didn't get it.. How were we able to knw tht there is no overlap?
Help wuld be appreciated
The minimum value at pH 5.3 is 0.197-0.013= 0.184 which does not overlap with the range for values at pH 4, maximum value for which is 0.156+0.001= 0.157. Thus the values are significantly different :) Hope it helped.
Could you please explain M/J/08 no. 3, on which values is the t-test carried out?

Reaction score
Yah I tnk I haveunderstood.. U mean that since 5.2 is greater than Ph4 so we will subtract to compare the value with the original mean of Ph4 and adding its standard deviation so they are nt equal andthus they dnt overlap, ryt?? btw they will only overlap if both values are equal???
And thnks for ur help :)
regarding June2008, he didnt mention for which values it was carried out, all what you need to knw here is that tere was significant difference as t value is larger than the critical value at 0.05 % at 40 degrees of freedom since it is nearer to 38
thts it, Hope I"ve also helped :)