• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

BIOLOGY P33 GUESS NEEDED!!!!HELP PLEASE!!!07 NOV 2013 !!! 9709/33

Reaction score
Yes Q2 the practical part was easy , the questions weren't hat easy .. i hope i did them well though .. and yes the comparison was a bit confusing x_x
Q1 i messed up in one of the concentrations /: and the other questions i hope i wrote correct answers /: those theory-like questions scare me x_x
anyways .. lets hope the thresholds are as low was may/june 2013 or even lower :'o

Theory-like questions are easy. They are like solid guaranteed marks
I dont know what the threshold will be like.. if it's like 25-28 for A then all is well :p

Reaction score
Okay... So the exam went pretty okayish...

Question 2 was easy to be honest. But I am confused about the comparison part. :|

Question 1 was easy as I didnt spend much time doing the experiment.. The latter part of question was best to be honest.. I guess I did all thing right in that part.. And as for the experiment, as the concentration increased, time decreased.
i messed up with the trend. my time increased with concentration..how much do you think will be deducted? :/

Reaction score
i messed up with the trend. my time increased with concentration..how much do you think will be deducted? :/

according to the experiment, the calculated time should decrease with the increase in concentration.. i dont know. you did the whole thing wrong so they will deduct the whole mark of the experiment.. most probably 5-6

Reaction score
according to the experiment, the calculated time should decrease with the increase in concentration.. i dont know. you did the whole thing wrong so they will deduct the whole mark of the experiment.. most probably 5-6

expirment box was about five mark if u made table and heading u got 2/5 marks

Reaction score
I did estimation.. but I wrote readings in decreasing order I.e time decreases as concur increases. No, why 6? They'll cut hardly 1-2 Mark.. not

Readings don't have so many marks.. not sure if is not right... Anyway, presentation of data is more important in bio practical .

Reaction score
What readings you got by the way?

Reaction score
For greatest percent my total time for complete reaction was only 12s .. and least percent I had about 122s
What about you guys??
My for least conc was 320 sec and for highest conc was 122 sec.. I just estimated.. because firstly my solutions never turned pink... :(

Reaction score
You should have made the chart.. I dont know. They should give you 1mark for labelling the axes. Significant error in which one? Oh.. yeah.. those two? I gave error while preparing the different concentrations of the solutions.. And for the variables i wrote; use of a water bath to maintain temperature. use of buffer to maintain pH and another one i cant remember.. :\

For error i wrote that the enzyme was not at the same initial temp.. Does that sound legit?

Reaction score
My for least conc was 320 sec and for highest conc was 122 sec.. I just estimated.. because firstly my solutions never turned pink... :(

same here. Those things took a really long time to change colour. I had >300s for the first 3 concentrations and about 287s for the highest conc. All crooked up!! :D :D

Reaction score
I did estimation.. but I wrote readings in decreasing order I.e time decreases as concur increases. No, why 6? They'll cut hardly 1-2 Mark.. not

Readings don't have so many marks.. not sure if is not right... Anyway, presentation of data is more important in bio practical .
What readings you got by the way?

I guess you did t right then :) They will only deduct a mark or two.. And me? For the highest concentration I got 18seconds, for the 2nd one 37second, then 63second, then for the next one 95second and the last one more than 300 i guess :)

Reaction score
For error i wrote that the enzyme was not at the same initial temp.. Does that sound legit?

Initial temperature was 50degreeC right?? So if you say that then the enzyme is supposed to get denatured at that temperature right?? So I am not sure but then again you could have said that the temperature of the enzyme solution was not at its optimum.. right? :\

Reaction score
ho
Initial temperature was 50degreeC right?? So if you say that then the enzyme is supposed to get denatured at that temperature right?? So I am not sure but then again you could have said that the temperature of the enzyme solution was not at its optimum.. right? :\
Like u know we were supposed to maintain the mixture at between 45 to 50 *C. But then when we added the enzyme, that enzyme was not at the same temperature as the mixture. We started timing immediately then, but an error could arise since there was energy lost (and some time was wasted in the energy changes). So the time we got wasnt really accurate. i hope all this jibberish makes sense :)

Reaction score
ho
Like u know we were supposed to maintain the mixture at between 45 to 50 *C. But then when we added the enzyme, that enzyme was not at the same temperature as the mixture. We started timing immediately then, but an error could arise since there was energy lost (and some time was wasted in the energy changes). So the time we got wasnt really accurate. i hope all this jibberish makes sense :)

Your one makes sense now.. But it is so long and lengthy... I hope they accept both and give us the marks :)