• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology P31 <-----

Reaction score
alexxx04 said:
adityar said:
PEOPLE it is not respiration or digestion, think wider, it's ABSORBTION!!!!

right there. To explain active transport for 2 marks, you HAVE TO write about respiration and obtained energy.

I wrote Diffusion. The concentration of glucose in the capillaries of the intestinal walls of the bag was less than the content. thus is diffused from an area of higher concentration to an area of lower concentration, thus decreasing the glucose concentration and the volume.

Reaction score
I wrote it help push food along and the muscle contractions to push the fat along the lymph vessels

Reaction score
The right answer is that muscles allow the villi to move around close in contact with the nutrients , this will reduce diffusion distance therefore increase rate of diffusion .

Reaction score
the muscle was peristalsis.
actually in the experiment one, i said that the small untestine had characteristics that allowed for diffusion like large surface area and moist lining

Reaction score
now in the question about the function of muscles in the villi i wrote that the muscles will respire to supply energy which is needed for the process of active transport .......is it correct or wrong ???

Reaction score
Alpha45 said:
The right answer is that muscles allow the villi to move around close in contact with the nutrients , this will reduce diffusion distance therefore increase rate of diffusion .
Does'nt make sense at all muscles are always thick, so they increase the distance, it has definitely to do with the contraction and transport. :)

Reaction score
Alzaabi said:
get A in all papers and you'll get an A*

you have to get high A's in 3 papers to get the star

I know someone who got 3 A's in all papers and got an A in the total
because his A's where low

Reaction score
oh guys i expect in paper 3... 55/80 and paper 6 .. 30/40.................what shall i get >??

Reaction score
Walid05 said:
Alzaabi said:
get A in all papers and you'll get an A*

you have to get high A's in 3 papers to get the star

I know someone who got 3 A's in all papers and got an A in the total
because his A's where low

high A means above the half of the marks to get A ??... or it have another calculations ?

Reaction score
what you are saying is completely false
A-B=diff
diff+A=A*
want to check more contact british council in ur area

Reaction score
PUSHPAK1321 said:
Alpha45 said:
Does'nt make sense at all muscles are always thick, so they increase the distance, it has definitely to do with the contraction and transport. :)
the right answer is that the muscles help move the lymph in the lacteal since contractions of the muscles will squeeze the lymph (btw this is exactly the same like a question in June 2010 but in a different style !!!

Reaction score
EmanAkhuZeina said:
what you are saying is completely false
A-B=diff
diff+A=A*
want to check more contact british council in ur area
are u sure from where did u get this info ..... ??? I WISH IF THIS WAS TRUE

Reaction score
how are you saying its prestalisis ,I think that lymph which is inside the villus (lacteal) only absorbs fatty acids and glycerol which were already digested in small intestine so I wrote it is for respiration to provide energy and for contraction and relaxation :D
and hey I heard about that
A-B=diif
A+diff=A*
dont you think it would be easier for them to write it in the grade therehold ,,instead of just "A* is not determined at a lvl of an individual component 8)