• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology doubt !

Reaction score
hey !! can anyone tell me about this natural selection or something !! what i know about it that it has something to do with variation !!! :unknown:

Reaction score
Natural selection is basically charles darwin's theory of evolution.
It explains why animals and plants are adapted to their surroundings.
What happens is that too many of offspring is produced. When there is reproduction that means there will be variation. So none of the offspring are exactly alike. Some maybe better adapted to the environment than others. (eg. a deer that runs faster than others will be less likely to be eaten by a predator). This idea is known as survival to the fittest.the indivisuals which survive are more likely to reproduce right? So the features which helped them survive will be passed on to their offspring. Then from these offspring, the ones best adapted will have better chances of survival.As this continues the species gets better and better. The best features will be more seen than others less helpful. So for ex. the deer will become faster and faster if the fastest deer of every generation survive.
yeah...a bit confusing....i hope it helped :)

Reaction score
XxMarkxX said:
hey !! can anyone tell me about this natural selection or something !! what i know about it that it has something to do with variation !!! :unknown:

Natural selection is when a mutated species is at an advantage due to its mutation. Since they have an advantage they will reproduce whilst those that do not have that advantage will not survive and therefore will be unable to reproduce. This leads to an increase in the population of the 'then' mutated species.

Hope that helps :ROFLMAO: