• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Hi, my question is and MCQ I got on my End of year exam i couldn't figure it out so here it is
When a 1oo g mass is applied to a spring its length (original+extension)changes to 27.2 cm
When the mass is replaced by 600 g the length is now 89.7 cm
so what will be the length of the spring when the 600 g is replaced with a 200 g mass?
A 29.9 cm
B 33.4 cm
C 39.7 cm
D 54.4 cm

Reaction score
What exactly was the answer to the first question in physics atp this time?
We had to measure the length... of the rod above the water..

I wrote about dipping a rule in the water, with the zero mark co-inciding with the water level, and then using as set-square to take the reading..

Will i get the marks?

Reaction score
What exactly was the answer to the first question in physics atp this time?
We had to measure the length... of the rod above the water..

I wrote about dipping a rule in the water, with the zero mark co-inciding with the water level, and then using as set-square to take the reading..

Will i get the marks?

I think we had a long discussion on it :p

Reaction score
30 A wire hangs between the poles of a magnet.
When there is a current in the wire, in which direction does the wire move?
5054/1/M/J03
why is this answer?????
plx answer me as soon possilbe

Reaction score
29 Each of the diagrams below is a cross-section through two parallel current-carrying conductors.
Which diagram correctly shows the magnetic field pattern formed by the currents in the two
conductors?
This question also.... 5054/1/M/J03

Reaction score
In many flowers, there are "honeypots" called nectaries at the base of the inside of the flower, where the filaments, and the petals all join together at the base of the ovary. To get to these nectaries, a pollinating insect (like a honeybee) must go through a gauntlet of other structures. Typically, the first flower part passed is the stigma, and pollen clinging to the insect can get transferred from the insect to the stigma. The insect travels deeper into the flower, gets a drink of nectar, and backs out of the flower to leave. As it does so, it brushes by the pollen-laden anthers, and gets covered in pollen. It leaves the flower, and takes this load of pollen to the next flower, thus creating cross-pollination.
In our biology paper the question came that which pollination is likely to take place before a flower opens? so can the answer of this question be insect pollination. please reply it soon.thanks in advance.

Reaction score
mostly students wrote self pollination as an answer to this question so i am confused can insect pollination be an answer to this question because it was a different question came in our recent june 2014 exams. please reply soon.
IIRC,it was a wind pollinated plant,and thus wouldn't pose any attraction to insects,so they would have no reason to come and pollinate.So i dont think so.