• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Can u show your working on this picture for the first one please :(
here you go! :)
upload_2014-5-17_23-12-21.png
this is the way you can find the region visible by student Y,X & Z (represented by different colours) i have made image of all three as well.
note that every student can see the image of other 2.....
you could also make reflected rays instead of making the visible regions.....

which would be like this..:
upload_2014-5-17_23-18-45.png

Reaction score
So?
It, is not like they have to converge at focal point ..they have already told us tht image is formed so two rays from same point will meet at the same point on the screen to produce the image..Passing frm centre shows where the image head wud be and the second line which can be drawn to any part of lens will ultimately meet the pt where the ray frm opt centre hit the screen
You will get wrong angle of incidence thus wrong angle of refraction so diagram will be wrong. I didn't say they won't meet at a single point?

So u got it I presume?
Cant make out if u did so otherwise:p,
Yes

Reaction score
here you go! :)
View attachment 42905
this is the way you can find the region visible by student Y,X & Z (represented by different colours) i have made image of all three as well.
note that every student can see the image of other 2.....
you could also make reflected rays instead of making the visible regions.....

which would be like this..:
View attachment 42906
but how do we know the direction of the rays after making the images ? do u join them to any specific part of mirror?

Reaction score
2N : (2+3)N --------> force
4 mm : x mm ------> extension
simple "ratio and proportion method"
force is directly proportional to extension, right?
2/4 = (2+3)/x
makes:
x = 4/2 * 5 = 10

extension by 5N force = 10 millimeters
total length of wire by 5N = 1 m + 10 mm = 1 m + 0.010 m = 1.010 m
2/4? :( m nt gettng it :(

Reaction score
Can someone Please explain how they got the answer D in Q 38? Is fleming's rule applicable here?
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International O Level/Physics (5054)/5054_s09_qp_1.pdf
use left hand rule ... force acts downwards but thats just for alpha particles just like conventional current wire... for beta particles the force exerted is opposite to alpha partilces (in this case upwards)
23: why not 6?
put a scale and do it practically .. mark a dot on a number in option given(on the horizontal line) one at a time and join that dot with the top of image arrrow .. you'll get what I mean ..

Reaction score