• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Q1 ''And then extracted 25 cm of it... so 1/10th of the moles came in the 25 cm^3 of E.''
does that mean we took only 25 cm of that 250 solution that had water+vinegar?

We made it to 250, and then took 25 out of it, and the moles went to 1/10th of the original.

THEN, they made you calculate the moles in 25 cm^3 of E using mole ratios and titration.
And then in E, they asked how many their would be in 250 of E, you multiplied by 10.

and finally in f, they asked how many there would be in original vinegar solution, that would be same as E.

Hope you get it.

Reaction score
I got it ! thankyou :D
the only thing i don't understand is
when 25 of vinegar is added with water make E and the moles of ethanoic acid remain same.
then when 25 cm of E is taken the moles get divided.
WHY? even though this way we are changing the volume only but why then the moles aint same?
WHEN do the moles remain same in solutions ? ??

Reaction score
I got it ! thankyou :D
the only thing i don't understand is
when 25 of vinegar is added with water make E and the moles of ethanoic acid remain same.
then when 25 cm of E is taken the moles get divided.
WHY? even though this way we are changing the volume only but why then the moles aint same?
WHEN do the moles remain same in solutions ? ??

When we add the water, the amount of moles remain in the solution, they don't escape.

But when we divide the solution, and take only 25 out of it, you are taking ONE TENTH of the volume of the solution out, so the moles in only ONE TENTH of the solution come out.
We assume that all the moles are spread evenly. All the ETHANOATE AND HYDROGEN IONS are spread evenly.

So when you take 25 out, only ONE TENTH of the ions come, and thus the moles are reduced ten times.

But when we add water, no moles escape. That's just the addition of water. Water further separates the ions, and they spread evenly out.