• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
can u tell me the process of star formation.....
The gravity of cloud causes the cloud to collapse to a center. As the hydrogen condenses into star, the gravitational energy released causes the center to heat up. And this heat and weight of hydrogen provides an environment in a core of proto star, in which fusion occur. Due to fusion mass is converted into energy and proto star become STAR.

Reaction score
I mean i studied hard,but my sir marks very strict.So even though i was well prepared,there was no knowing how he would mark it :p
Happened to me in physics. Was confident on getting full in p2, but he cut my marks for no reason.
in p4, i wrote 'repeat the experiment several times and take the avg of the results', and he gave me 0 , writing, ''repeat the readings several times'

Reaction score
The gravity of cloud causes the cloud to collapse to a center. As the hydrogen condenses into star, the gravitational energy released causes the center to heat up. And this heat and weight of hydrogen provides an environment in a core of proto star, in which fusion occur. Due to fusion mass is converted into energy and proto star become STAR.
Is that copied from the marking scheme?

Reaction score
T
The thyronines act on nearly every cell in the body. They act to increase the basal metabolic rate, affect protein synthesis, help regulate long bone growth (synergy with growth hormone) and neural maturation, The thyroid hormones are essential to proper development and differentiation of all cells of the human body. These hormones also regulate protein, fat, and carbohydrate metabolism, affecting how human cells use energetic compounds. They also stimulate vitamin metabolism. Numerous physiological and pathological stimuli influence thyroid hormone synthesis. #copied
thankx buddy :)

Reaction score
Guys I just saw a Biology paper 2 which had a reall weird image and it was actually some section of thorax. Has anybody solved that paper. The parts on the image were barely recognisable.
where?
Is that the one which says a person is lying on back and we have to draw position of rib after inspiration?

Reaction score
where?
Is that the one which says a person is lying on back and we have to draw position of rib after inspiration?
I think not. I'll check for myself and then let you know.
I need to practice Biology paper 2. I have done only 1 paper. I need to do atleast the last 3 year papers.
How much have you done?

Reaction score
I think not. I'll check for myself and then let you know.
I need to practice Biology paper 2. I have done only 1 paper. I need to do atleast the last 3 year papers.
How much have you done?
Now?
I leave section Bs :p
but complete papers of 2012 and 2013 I did recently