• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
do you guys know this
Haber process-After passing over the catalyst, the mixture contains 15% of ammonia. It is cooled and
the ammonia liquefies and is separated from the unreacted nitrogen and hydrogen.
They are recycled.

(ii) Only ammonia gas liquefies. Suggest an explanation for this.

Reaction score
What's the reason behind 18?
Also, why can't it be bromine? I chose C too.
for 18 the reactants must always be aqueous for precipitation

and it would have been bromine if it had said something like red brown or orange,......... dark brown is iodine in water

Reaction score
do you guys know this
Haber process-After passing over the catalyst, the mixture contains 15% of ammonia. It is cooled and
the ammonia liquefies and is separated from the unreacted nitrogen and hydrogen.
They are recycled.

(ii) Only ammonia gas liquefies. Suggest an explanation for this.

ammonia would have a boiling point higher than the other two gases, so it liquifies earlier

Reaction score
ammonia would have a boiling point higher than the other two gases, so it liquifies earlier
what i know is that they cool the whole container,including ammonia nitrogen and hydrogen...i dont understand howthe boiling point relate to t=this?(youre right btw)

Reaction score
what i know is that they cool the whole container,including ammonia nitrogen and hydrogen...i dont understand howthe boiling point relate to t=this?(youre right btw)
oxygen boiling point is around -185 something............so if ammonia has a boiling point of lets say -170 (i am just supposing this boiling point), it would liquify earlier than oxygen, thus it would be easily seperated as a liquied