• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
why should it be at the right of c
If you hold it from D it will stay still
the point D is Thicker More weight on D side
Lets take an example a irregular object and place its middle on a pivot (you might not have that at home use an eraser) and see the way it is place a object on the part which goes up see it balancing and then hold(with your figures) the object from the part were the object was not kept you will see that it won't move that is what is know by the center of mass
This is all practical you see

Reaction score
thnx
If you hold it from D it will stay still
the point D is Thicker More weight on D side
Lets take an example a irregular object and place its middle on a pivot (you might not have that at home use an eraser) and see the way it is place a object on the part which goes up see it balancing and then hold(with your figures) the object from the part were the object was not kept you will see that it won't move that is what is know by the center of mass
This is all practical you see

Reaction score
Question 22 only acids react with Bases and Sodium hydroxide is a base and near 7 means 6 weak acid or 8 weak base
answer will be weak acid!
Question 37
C_H_+502--> CO2+H20
BALANCE oxygen
C_H_+5O2->3CO2+4H2O
NOW GLANCE THE C AND H

you should have 3 C AND AND 8 H as 4*2= 8
I dunno about 3 sorry can't think now have got Bio exam tomorrow

Reaction score
plzzzzzzzzzzzz people help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!I have just got a couple of hours before the breathtaking moment is about to start.

Reaction score

At the surface the volume has increased. Due to the increase in volume the molecules have more space to move about i.e. they are further apart so there are less frequent collision between the molecules and the surface of balloon so pressure is low.

And what do you mean couple of hours? Physics paper is next week o_O

Reaction score
At the surface the volume has increased. Due to the increase in volume the molecules have more space to move about i.e. they are further apart so there are less frequent collision between the molecules and the surface of balloon so pressure is low.

And what do you mean couple of hours? Physics paper is next week o_O
can u help me understand why volume of the air inside the balloon decreases at the surface?

Reaction score
can u help me understand why volume of the air inside the balloon decreases at the surface?

Ohhh!! I panicked for a while there.
It doesn't decrease, it INCREASES, basically the pressure on the outside decreases, when the balloon was in the water, lots of particles were hitting the outside surface of the balloon so it's volume was less, when the balloon had risen up to the surface, less particles were hitting the balloon from the outside so the inside particles were able to move further apart thus the volume of the balloon increased. Its a very monotonous explanation, I hope you got it.

Reaction score
Question 22 only acids react with Bases and Sodium hydroxide is a base and near 7 means 6 weak acid or 8 weak base
answer will be weak acid!
Question 37
C_H_+502--> CO2+H20
BALANCE oxygen
C_H_+5O2->3CO2+4H2O
NOW GLANCE THE C AND H

you should have 3 C AND AND 8 H as 4*2= 8
I dunno about 3 sorry can't think now have got Bio exam tomorrow
Thanks! :D

Reaction score
For questions like 3, where you have a reaction with which you are not familiar. Try elimination. Let's discuss this shall we,
For option A, Zn + 2HCl --> ZnCl2 + H2, Hydrogen won't change the colour of the litmus so option A rejected.
For option B, Na2CO3 + 2HCl ---> 2NaCl + H2O + CO2, Carbon dioxide (the only gas) is an acidic oxide so it won't change the litmus (since it's already red), option B rejected,
For option C, NaOH + NH4Cl ---> NaCl + H2O + NH3, Ammonia is an alkaline gas so it won't have any affect on the BLUE litmus paper. So Option C rejected.
Hence, since all others are rejected, it must be option D.
P.S. The first three reactions are all KNOWN reaction so you can easily determine their products.

For question 22, Don't go for the colour, it doesn't tell you anything. Look at the line where it says that 'the gas is readily absorbed in sodium hydroxide', that tells you that it is an acidic gas. Now, since they have mentioned that the pH is close to 7 (weak acid or weak alkali) then you can easily pick out option C as being correct. An acidic gas with a high pH.

For question 37,
It's just like balancing a equation, just remember that like we've learnt in ratios (for moles), that mole-mole ration and volume-volume ratio tells us about how much each substance is reacting;
CH4 + 5O2 ---> 2H2O + CO2 (rejected, not balanced).
C2H6 + 5O2 ---> 3H2O + 2CO2 (rejected, not balanced).
C3H8 + 5O2 ---> 4H2O + 3CO2 (viola! your answer!).
C4H10 + 5O2 ---> 5H2O + 4CO2 (rejected, not balanced).
Always use the hydrogen and carbon to determine the products, it's a lot quicker.

Hope that helps! :)

Reaction score
What are the advantages and disadvantages of nylon and polyester?
well advantages in the sense of usages. Well they are used in clothing, plastics, ropes etc just google some more uses if you want :)

disadvantages will include that they are non biodegradable, don't dissolve so cause pollution in water, have to be buried which takes up space etc