• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
tag me if u get the answer:oops: m not good at this reproduction in plants :(
For artificial selection we can use sugar cane. A plant with high sugar content is bred with one which is resistant to diseases. Hybridisation results and the process is repeated over generations, with the traits passed down to offsprings. A time will arrive when a homologous is produced with both of those traits, and its inbred among itself or something :S I'm nor sure how to elaborate on this, or explain it in a 6 marked question. I'm not even sure if these are the correct answers but this is what I would write :/

Reaction score
can some one plz tell
what are speciel dietry needs of pregnant women
and what are the advantages of breast milk as compared to bottle milk

Reaction score
can some one plz tell
what are speciel dietry needs of pregnant women
and what are the advantages of breast milk as compared to bottle milk
dietary requirements include more water, cx of urea from the fetus can be excessive for the woman's kidneys to deal with,,,excess proteins to help the fetus grow..more carbohydrates to help provide the woman with energy she needs to move around with a larger body.....diet rich in minerals/vitamins(fruits) diet rich in folic acid, especially when the spinal cord of the fetus is under development....tag me if u get any other answer..

Reaction score
Advantages of breat milk.
It contains mothers antibodies.
It is free of cost.
If the bottled milk is not kept secure, bacteria may invade it which may result in the baby going I'll, while mothers milk is sterile.
It creates a emotional attachment between the mother and he baby.

Reaction score
Dietary needs.
Proteins and carbohydrates are required for growth of the embryonic tissues.
Vitamin c is required for making the proteins for the embryo.
Vitamin d and calcium is required for healthy bones and teeth of embryo.
Iron is required for making the embryo s blood

Reaction score
Dietary needs.
Proteins and carbohydrates are required for growth of the embryonic tissues.
Vitamin c is required for making the proteins for the embryo.
Vitamin d and calcium is required for healthy bones and teeth of embryo.
Iron is required for making the embryo s blood

Reaction score
Fats get emulsified in the duodonem by the bile coming from the gall bladder. Complete digestion occurs in the small intestine e.g the ileum by the cells surrounding the villi.
By the enzyme called lipase which acts on the emulsified fats to convert them to fatty acis and glycerol. these are then taken up in the lacteals by active transport.

Reaction score
well advantages are that they kill bacteria and protects the body against the diseases caused by the bacteria
disadvantages is that they can not act against viruses and they can make bacterias resistant due to which higher intake of anti biotc is required
do correct me if m wrong:oops: