• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
So I have started to do chemistry again...
I have been quite inactive in this thread for so long. ready to help and answer now! tag me if u need any help in physics and chemistry (y)

Reaction score
what are the environmental and cost implications of underground power transmission compared to
overhead lines.

Reaction score
what are the environmental and cost implications of underground power transmission compared to
overhead lines.

we will have to dig so we need to use machinery that will probably degrade the environment. machinery will use fuel so it will increase pollution.
in overhead lines, the cost of large poles will be high. birds and other animals can die due to overhead lines if they touch live and neutral wires at same time.

Reaction score
in overhead lines, the cost of large poles will be high. birds and other animals can die due to overhead lines if they touch live and neutral wires at same time.[/quote]
you could also add that the dirt dug causes air pollution. trees are cut off for digging in some places, resulting in erosion, and other problems associated to it. Coming to cost implications, underground cables prove to be more expensive due to all the digging. Also, there are maintenance problems, as underground maintenance is not that easy. But underground wires are protected from natural hazards.

Overhead lines look extremely unattractive. Also, there is more chance of electrocution in some form as Sachal stated :oops:. can't think of much else for it