• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
This question came in my mock exam and i draw this diagram. Dont know yet about correct diagram.
thnx fr da reply, but i guess ur telling me the answer of q8 part a, im having trouble with question 9 part a. just to fill u up, it's wrong (slightly) the w is actually the main wire, thru which all the current flows and voltmeter has to be drawn acros the circuit.

Reaction score
thnx fr da reply, but i guess ur telling me the answer of q8 part a, im having trouble with question 9 part a. just to fill u up, it's wrong (slightly) the w is actually the main wire, thru which all the current flows and voltmeter has to be drawn acros the circuit.
Voltmeter in series...right

Reaction score

in question 6, the current is going from up to down. Using the right hand rule, we can see that the direction of the magnetic is clockwise. So, imagine circular lines going around the wire in the picture in a clockwise direction. When they are passing from above the wire, there direction would be to the east, thus the needle would point to the east too.

Now, imagine when the circular clockwise lines are passing from underneath the wire, they would be pointing to the right, so the needle would point to the east.
In the case of A.C, we know the current changes direction, so as the frequency is 50 hz, the magnetic field would be constantly changing clockwise and anticlockwise. Thus the needle would not be able to move due to the high speed of the alternating current

Reaction score
Probably that the direction of current is left to right, as indicated by the arrow.
direction of electrons would be better, as we follow the conventional current which is opposite to it, and the next question is about the direction of the conventional current. Thanks :)