• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Heyy
I really need a good biology tutor for O levels who can help me get through with the upcoming exams in May.
Or can someone please tell me if there's a good academy that I can join?

p.s I'm from Lahore..

Thankyouu

Reaction score
on a balance, mass is measured sue to it's weight
on balance there are masses in two sides and one is raised until it matches the other one so we know how much other thing weighs.
It wouldn't be difficult for you if you have seen old kind of balance for measuring mass or weight.
Won't that measure only weight????

Reaction score
Won't that measure only weight????
you are right. but as we are comparing weight of 100N with something the other thing will also have weight of 100N to balance it. as we are measuring on earth, all 100N objects are 10KG. it will only make a difference if the gravity changes. actually it compares the weight to find the mass. hope u got it.

Reaction score
Does anyone have good written notes that they can scan and post here for olevel physics? or any pdf files that are useful. Studying without a textbook, and using all the websites i can as a resource to make notes, just want to make sure that i get everything covered while studying. Thanks

Reaction score
snapshot1.PNGquestion.PNG Hi guys just wanted to ask something about the physics chapter: pressure

Year: 2002
Paper 2 question 10 c i) and ii)
Snapshot of the question and the diagram has been attached.

Please tell me how the volume was obtained from the values given, what formula was used, and what distance formula was used for c ii) Please explain thanks

Reaction score
View attachment 20954View attachment 20955 Hi guys just wanted to ask something about the physics chapter: pressure

Year: 2002
Paper 2 question 10 c i) and ii)
Snapshot of the question and the diagram has been attached.

Please tell me how the volume was obtained from the values given, what formula was used, and what distance formula was used for c ii) Please explain thanks

I think the formula of volume would be applied here. V=lxbxh
As the area in part 1 for piston P is already given you will multiply it with the distance moved, which is 5cm.
So 20x5= 100 cm^3

As for part 2, the area given for piston Q is different but the obviously the volume of oil would remain the same that will move it upwards. You will use the same formula.
V=lxbxh
The area and volume are given. 100= 400 x h
The answer will be 1/4 or 0.25 cm

Reaction score
I think the formula of volume would be applied here. V=lxbxh
As the area in part 1 for piston P is already given you will multiply it with the distance moved, which is 5cm.
So 20x5= 100 cm^3

As for part 2, the area given for piston Q is different but the obviously the volume of oil would remain the same that will move it upwards. You will use the same formula.
V=lxbxh
The area and volume are given. 100= 400 x h
The answer will be 1/4 or 0.25 cm
Hi thankyou for ur detailed answer, but i still dont get the first part of the answer u explained. u said to use the volume formula, but there is no length, breadth over there in the diagram.

Reaction score
Hi thankyou for ur detailed answer, but i still dont get the first part of the answer u explained. u said to use the volume formula, but there is no length, breadth over there in the diagram.
Ok. The formula of volume is lxbxh.
As you can see, that the area of the piston is already given. The formula for area is lxb. So the product of length and breadth is already given in the form of area, we just have to multiply it with height to get the volume.

Does that clear it? By the way is the answer correct?

Reaction score
Ok. The formula of volume is lxbxh.
As you can see, that the area of the piston is already given. The formula for area is lxb. So the product of length and breadth is already given in the form of area, we just have to multiply it with height to get the volume.

Does that clear it? By the way is the answer correct?
Oh yeah now it makes sense , Thanks alot :)

Reaction score
I am going to give Olevels physics in May this year.
Same here, gave it last last year but got an F due to lack of studying, but surely gona nail this time. If i have any questions regarding anything about physics, can i message you? Im studying without a textbook, and just have a past paper book and notes obtained from this forum. Goodluck with your studying!

Reaction score
Same here, gave it last last year but got an F due to lack of studying, but surely gona nail this time. If i have any questions regarding anything about physics, can i message you? Im studying without a textbook, and just have a past paper book and notes obtained from this forum. Goodluck with your studying!
Yeah sure. You too! :)

Reaction score
I will be very happy to help. post questions over here or in conversation and I will answer inshallah. :)

Reaction score
hw can i score A* in chemistry?plz hlp me,......
m wit no tym............
only 3 months r lft..........
repli soon...

Reaction score
Assalam-o-Allaikum and Hi everyone ,
hope u all are doin great !

Well as the topic says help for chemistry :D biology :D and Physics :D is available here that means that u can ask any mind blowing question or ask any question regarding a particular topic or ask abt any questions from Past paper or any of your text books. (y) (y)

I made this topic so that people dont make many posts asking abt bio,physics or chemistry individually but they can post their reply here where it can be answered with ease and the members wont have to go searching for topics to help! :D !

So what are u waiting for now write ur questions here !
THANKS and Bye or Allah Hafiz ! (y);)
plz tell me how to prepare physics,chemistry and biology! plz tell me the pattern or the way/track through which I can improve my science subjects!