• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
both are dangerous at high voltage but i think at high voltage AC is safer...:D

Dude how come Ac is safer both carry the same hazards,they have the same pd. same current so how are they different,i think if u compare Ac with Dc u might find AC very dangerous as it may have the ability to keep u attracted or repel u away due to the different polarities each time and the charge of ur body :D :p

Reaction score
Dude how come Ac is safer both carry the same hazards,they have the same pd. same current so how are they different,i think if u compare Ac with Dc u might find AC very dangerous as it may have the ability to keep u attracted or repel u away due to the different polarities each time and the charge of ur body :D :p
exact - ta -ly

Reaction score
WHAT ARE THE PRODUCTS OF REACTION BETWEEN ACID AND SULFATE/CHLORIDE SALTS .. WE ALL KNOW OXIDES PRODUCE H2O AND CARBONATES CO2 AND H2O BUT THERE IS NO MENTION OF SULFATES/CHLORIDE ALSO IN THE DECOMPOSITION THERE IS NO DECOMPOSITION TABLE FOR SULFATES CHLORIDES ETC AND THEY ARE COMMON IN EXAMS .... ANYONE HAS ANY IDEA ABOUT THIS ?

Reaction score
write --> Image (drawn) length/actual length = 12/6 = x2
dont forget to write the times symbol (x) before magnification.
if the actual image is already magnified, eg. x500, then you will have to do like this -->(12/6) * 500 = x1000
Thanks a ton

Reaction score
WHAT ARE THE PRODUCTS OF REACTION BETWEEN ACID AND SULFATE/CHLORIDE SALTS .. WE ALL KNOW OXIDES PRODUCE H2O AND CARBONATES CO2 AND H2O BUT THERE IS NO MENTION OF SULFATES/CHLORIDE ALSO IN THE DECOMPOSITION THERE IS NO DECOMPOSITION TABLE FOR SULFATES CHLORIDES ETC AND THEY ARE COMMON IN EXAMS .... ANYONE HAS ANY IDEA ABOUT THIS ?

I don't have an idea, let me try though !

2HCl + BaSO4 -----> BaCl2 + H2SO4

=> Imma Genious! These are double displacement reactions . just swipe the places of different ions and you'll reach an answer .

for Chlorides :

HNO3 + NaCl -----> NaN03 + HCl

=> As far as i can deduce , the reaction of Acid + Sulfate/Chlorides produce Acid + Salt

Reaction score
i want some help in
5090/12/O/N/11
13 , 16 , 29 , 32
5090/11/O/N/10
23, 25, 28
w09 PAPER 1 qp1 q16, q14, q9
s09 PAPER1 qp1 q5, q17, q19

Reaction score
i want some help in
5090/12/O/N/11
13 , 16 , 29 , 32
5090/11/O/N/10
23, 25, 28

O/N 2011
13 . A . Amylase is denatured at very high (90 degree) and inactive at very low (10 degree) temp!

16 . The questions statement is set to confuse the candidates . The sequence is not 1 ----> 2 , it's 2 ---> 1 ! Answer is A! As Superior Vena Cava is a Vein with valves!

29 . A , is again the answer . The clue is that many insects can live on one cow , so the number of insects would be very greater than that of cows . This is shown by pyramid three , which is the pyramid of numbers . Since it's the only option that shows this , we choose A as our answer .

32 . Organisms at S feed on leaves . So the would feed on both P and Q ! And The butterflies will feed on insects! So C is the answer .

----
O/N 2010

23 . B. Pupil dilate when light intensity decreases . Muscle part is too be learnt from book.

25 . D , knowledge from book!

28 . Question refers to the removal of nitrates . C and D are for supply of nitrates . and A is just a feature of plants . B is the only sensible answer.

Hope this was helpful

Reaction score

=> Imma Genious! These are double displacement reactions . just swipe the places of different ions and you'll reach an answer .

for Chlorides :

=> As far as i can deduce , the reaction of Acid + Sulfate/Chlorides produce Acid + Salt

DIS IS RYTTT :p !!! MULTIXAMZA01

Reaction score
O/N 2011
13 . A . Amylase is denatured at very high (90 degree) and inactive at very low (10 degree) temp!

16 . The questions statement is set to confuse the candidates . The sequence is not 1 ----> 2 , it's 2 ---> 1 ! Answer is A! As Superior Vena Cava is a Vein with valves!

29 . A , is again the answer . The clue is that many insects can live on one cow , so the number of insects would be very greater than that of cows . This is shown by pyramid three , which is the pyramid of numbers . Since it's the only option that shows this , we choose A as our answer .

32 . Organisms at S feed on leaves . So the would feed on both P and Q ! And The butterflies will feed on insects! So C is the answer .

----
O/N 2010

23 . B. Pupil dilate when light intensity decreases . Muscle part is too be learnt from book.

25 . D , knowledge from book!

28 . Question refers to the removal of nitrates . C and D are for supply of nitrates . and A is just a feature of plants . B is the only sensible answer.

Hope this was helpful
thanku so much :)

Reaction score

can u please post a question which asks you to write about reaction of acid with salts such as sulfates or chloride or nitrates? acids only react with carbonates as CO3 salts are basic. and as far as i know, only decomposition of oxides or OH come, but please correct me, and post any question that proves otherwise.

Reaction score
can u please post a question which asks you to write about reaction of acid with salts such as sulfates or chloride or nitrates? acids only react with carbonates as CO3 salts are basic. and as far as i know, only decomposition of oxides or OH come, but please correct me, and post any question that proves otherwise.
Read below!

for Chlorides :