• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Simple print it and then do it.

hey do u remember how when u printed the Maths Paper the Loci question was not to the scale so the case is same the scale is always reduced when its copied for publishing so the correct answer we will never get here :D :p

Reaction score
Physics..
What's use of bore and a bulb?

they both are used to manage the range, sensitivity and reponsiveness of the thermometer as follows:
- the wider the bore, the lower the sensitivity
- the larger the bulb, the lower the response and higher the sesitivity
- the longer the bore, the longer the range of thermometer

Reaction score
guys i am confusred a bit as to how to exactly start final preparations for o level exams. i have to give seven subjects this year, comp, bio, chem, physcs, add mths, mths, and english, and i am still not sure how to start the final preparations. by the way, alhamdulillah, i got three A*s last year, all thnks to scouserflc and salmanpakrocks! and i hope to get a similar result this year as well!
i will be grateful if all of you can mention a method for preparation i could use, including the method u use yourself
thanks in advance!

Reaction score
my first mocks have finished and i will get the result on 2nd april, 2nd mocks will start from 6 april.
If there is a very difficult question in your mocks, can u please post it here? i will try to post mine as soon as i get them!

Reaction score
i have ppt presentations for almost all topics of physics and chem. if u guys want, i will upload them on mediafire.

Reaction score
How do you obtain a metal in between carbon and hydrogen in the reactivity....can somebody explain...I know the top ones electrolysis...bottom occur naturally...but I don't understand between

Reaction score
How do you obtain a metal in between carbon and hydrogen in the reactivity....can somebody explain...I know the top ones electrolysis...bottom occur naturally...but I don't understand between
u mean from metal oxide right?
u can heat with carbon to redeuce metal oxides from zinc to copper. u can also get i by heating with hydrogen except for zinc oxide.

Reaction score
how do we draw structure of butanoic acid, showing all atoms and bonds ?

Reaction score
the molecular formula of butanoic acid is C3H6COOH , so draw the structure according to the formula.

Reaction score
the molecular formula of butanoic acid is C3H6COOH , so draw the structure according to the formula.
i know this formula but doesn't structure mean dat dot and cross diagram showing all atoms and number of sharing electrons?

Reaction score
i know this formula but doesn't structure mean dat dot and cross diagram showing all atoms and number of sharing electrons?
there are two types of structures the dot and cross one and the other is the one showing all the bonds between carbon, hydrogen and oxygen.