• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
we are talking about water vapor it wont be closer to each other as it is in gaseous form... and we know that gases at rtp occupy 24dm3

Reaction score
Does anyone have notes regarding Radioactivity?
I don't have a soft copy so i can't give them to u.... sorry.... but i can refer some books which might be helpful: Physics for You; Explaining Physics; World of Physics.... there might be unnecessary details in these books so make sure you hve the syllabus un front of you and check out all the topics (subtopics) of the syllabus you have done bcuz there are many small topics in b/w that may be neglected... anyways about the radioactivity Physics For You is i think the best for it but consult other books too bcuz for cambridge you can never have enough information... best of luk :)

Reaction score
Why should a thermometer be immersed 1/3....I don't understand why can't it be more or less
it is approximately 1/3 .. if you immerse it too much you won't be able to red the scale and take the reading.... and if it is immersed too little it will not be accurate and you can't be sure of externl factors affecting the temperature.

Reaction score
Describe how to verify the principle of moments
A body is following the principle of momments if the body is in equilibrioum or when the sum of upward forces are equal to the sum of downwards forces (or sum of clockwise moments is equal to sum of anticlockwise moments)

Reaction score
Describe the ways in which a force may change the motion of a body
A force can stop a body in motion.
A force can cause an object at rest to move.
A force may cause a moving object to change its speed...

i hope this is the answer required...

Reaction score
it is approximately 1/3 .. if you immerse it too much you won't be able to red the scale and take the reading.... and if it is immersed too little it will not be accurate and you can't be sure of externl factors affecting the temperature.
whats red scale

Reaction score
help!!help!!help!!!!!:(:confused::mad:
In biology 2012 syllabus structure of heart is nowhere mentioned.do we have to ,still, learn that!!!

Reaction score
help!!help!!help!!!!!:(:confused::mad:
In biology 2012 syllabus structure of heart is nowhere mentioned.do we have to ,still, learn that!!!
Oh it isn't mentioned? i didn't c it... but to b on the safe side i wud suggest that u do it ... its not that difficult either. :whistle:

Reaction score
What harm does oxides of nitrogen cause
they cause ozone smog around our cities. Ozone smog is bad for our lungs and irritates our eyes.

Nitrogen oxides form easily nitric acid. With the rain it is washed out from the air and comes down (together with sulphuric acid) as acid rain. Acid rain destroys the stones of our buildings, in particular chalk stones and marble and it increases the problems of corrosion of iron and steel.
It is harmful for our forests, because it mobilises toxic chemicals in the soil which damage the trees. And it makes the lakes acid. The animals living in them can die.

Nitrate formed from nitrogen oxides, not only from cars but also from fertilizers used by farmers, can be a problem for the life in our lakes and the coastal regions of the oceans. It causes over-fertilization. Plants like algae grow quickly and in large amounts, they die after the end of their life cycle and the bacteria eating them use up too much oxygen from the water. This causes the death of fishes and other animals in the water. We call this phenomenon eutrophication.

Hope it helps you and answers your question!