• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
oh great i missed more questions i was away two days and there is like whole 6 or 7 pgs filled with inquiries ! :p :p :D

Reaction score
Explanation why it is C:

25cm --> 120 C
1cm --> 120/25 = 4.8 C
15cm --> 72

As it is starting from -10, it would be 72-10 = 62

Reaction score
i want urgent help
in the chemistry syllabus topic 2.3 that is Structure and properties of materials i cant understand what this means;
deduce the physical and chemical properties of substances from their structures and bonding and
vice versa
i have searched many books but cannot find the relevant thing

Reaction score
well it ain't hard. You just have to tell the structure (properties) of material. Like for example metals are solid and have less inter-molecular space between them.

Reaction score
umm can you please explain that hypo-tonic and hyper-tonic to me?? i mean i know what they are but i need some way to remember that. i always confuse them:rolleyes:
thncx for the help btw. this thread is awesum(y)

Reaction score
umm can you please explain that hypo-tonic and hyper-tonic to me?? i mean i know what they are but i need some way to remember that. i always confuse them:rolleyes:

This is Bio right?o_O

if it isnt, I am in for a heart attack...:eek:

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
As-salam-o-alaikum!

hyper tonic: it is the solution which has a higher water potential than the other surrounding it (jus to explain...refer book for exact..i assume u already know)

hypotonic: it is the solution with lower water potential...than the other

how to keep this in mind?? well see:

hyper as in general...what comes to ur mindwhen u see this word....some thing more than normal ...right? so hyper tonic will have higher water potential
so the other will be the opposite! ;)