• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score

My new version according to the paper's placement of components:
TVpyfwY.png

Lol, everybody thanks. :D

Reaction score
What?
All capacitors charge first and then discharge. How can this be possible?

Electrons carry energy right? That energy is provided by battery, i think.
In a normal bulb, the energy is converted into heat or light when the electrons pass through it. Electrons are just carriers of energy.
But in a capacitor, it is stored. And the electrons move on back to the battery.

Are capacitors included in the book? :/

Reaction score
Electrons carry energy right? That energy is provided by battery, i think.
In a normal bulb, the energy is converted into heat or light when the electrons pass through it. Electrons are just carriers of energy.
But in a capacitor, it is stored. And the electrons move on back to the battery.

Are capacitors included in the book? :/
They are in the syllabus. Idk about the book.
But I read somewhere that capacitors store charge, not just the energy. If the current flows as in a normal circuit, then how would the charge be stored? This is so confusing.

Reaction score
They are in the syllabus. Idk about the book.
But I read somewhere that capacitors store charge, not just the energy. If the current flows as in a normal circuit, then how would the charge be stored? This is so confusing.

Physics is confusing.

Option C is illogical, though. The electrons have to return to the battery, no matter what.

Reaction score
What?
All capacitors charge first and then discharge. How can this be possible?
Electron flow is opposite to flow of conventional current.Therefore they will move to plate 2.Here they will accumulate and then will be slowly discharged when the charge is large enough like in the case of lightening.Then they will return to the battery.My opinion.

Reaction score
Assume Y has a Voltage of 200 V so From Y the electrons flow to plate 2 .ok? that you can undertstand but the Plate 1 will have 0 voltage against it so it will attract the electron toward itself i.e point X
But if it attracts the electrons the electrons will flow back to the positive terminal of the battery. Then how would the charge be stored?