• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
well it is a bit tricky. Nitrogen does not directly react with oxygen to form NO2, which is an acidc oxide. Aluminium alone is the answer as aluminium oxide is an amphoteric oxide
check again its not possible maybe u're looking at the answer of the above part :oops:
aluminium oxide is amphoteric...question asks for acidic.
i have checked again....nitrogen is not the ans...wait, amphoteric oxides shows both acidic and basic properties, but that is with water right?

Reaction score
aluminium oxide is amphoteric...question asks for acidic.
i have checked again....nitrogen is not the ans...wait, amphoteric oxides shows both acidic and basic properties, but that is with water right?
not just water, with every other oxides, acids, bases etc so aluminium should be the right answer
Ye main kya sun rha hun, Zaalimon? usama321
masla ye hai ke usne redbull zara zada pee li hai :D so typing bi galat and baten bi galat :D

Reaction score
it should be Cu + 2H+ = Cu2+ + H2
OOPS, sorry for that :oops: i understand now, you have to balance the oxidation numbers too by the way

So, as there Cu + O2 + 4H+ = Cu2+ + 2H2O
In this equation, we have to balance the charges too. There is a charge of 4+ on hydrogen on the left, so the charges must be balanced on the right side. That is why he put a 2 there on the right side. Sorry

Reaction score
sorry! i am confused with the mark scheme, accroding to me it should be:
2Cu + O2 + 4H+ = Cu2+ + 2H2O
the qs doesnt say two mol of h2o formed....why did u put 2 befor h2o
you have to balance the charges on both sides too, so you put a 2 before the Cu on the right side, so that the total charge is 4+ like on the left hand side

Reaction score
sorry! i am confused with the mark scheme, accroding to me it should be:
2Cu + O2 + 4H+ = Cu2+ + 2H2O
the qs doesnt say two mol of h2o formed....why did u put 2 befor h2o
Because there was O2 on the left so to balance oxygen on the right we had to put a 2 before H2O and that meant there were 4 hydrogen now so thats why