• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology !!!! books !!!

Reaction score
which book should i prefer ???? Biology matters or jones and jones...... currently im studying from revision guide to prepare for oct/nov 2012

Reaction score
Just learn the markschemes NOW (leave the books alone)
i had got 97% in bio (trust me, im not bragging though)

Reaction score
8 years is a good compomise. We did from 2002 onwards till 2009. We gave our papers in 2010.

5-10 years is the minimum to maximum range

LEARN LEARN BY HEART THE CAMBRIDGE MARSCHEMES,,,, NOT THE REDSPOTS (THEY HAVE WRONG ASNWERS)

Reaction score
8 years is a good compomise. We did from 2002 onwards till 2009. We gave our papers in 2010.

5-10 years is the minimum to maximum range

LEARN LEARN BY HEART THE CAMBRIDGE MARSCHEMES,,,, NOT THE REDSPOTS (THEY HAVE WRONG ASNWERS)
how can i learn marking schemes ???? to understand their approach or memorize exact answers??? so that if i came to attempt those questions i should be ale to do it???

Reaction score
do both
for example if it says adaptation of lungs to gaseous exchange

concept
more surface area, more diffusion

thing to learn
alveoli have large surface area

concept
more the concentration gradient, more diffusion

thing to learn
rapid blood flow in capillary (the oxygenated blood is moved out of lungs quickly, so deoxygenated blood can move in and absorb oxygen

so on and so forth
understood?

Reaction score
do both
for example if it says adaptation of lungs to gaseous exchange

concept
more surface area, more diffusion

thing to learn
alveoli have large surface area

concept
more the concentration gradient, more diffusion

thing to learn
rapid blood flow in capillary (the oxygenated blood is moved out of lungs quickly, so deoxygenated blood can move in and absorb oxygen

so on and so forth
understood?
YES!!!:D

Reaction score
FGS2012
GCE Revision guide by
Lan.J.Burton
1616-1659-large.jpg

I find this book very much HelpFul. Here In Pakistan this book is Endangered Book :p :p I meant that It is not Available easily here due to short stock or no more Printing of it.