• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology AS Discuss problems!

Reaction score
for q 34 you need to put sth in mind while solving p1 questions which is choose the answer which is most likely the correct one as he always gets u two choices which are correct but one of them is closest to the answer... here A is the closest as immune response gets triggered whenever any of the t-lymphocytes or b-lymphocytes spots the graft tissue while they are circulating in the blood
hmmm...i get it..

Reaction score
in q 18 look for the column showing the effect without substance x.... so if i am not adding or replacing telomeres they eventually finish up so the cell division will first slow as the telomere is decreasing in amount and then as it is completely finished cell divison stops this is actually how cancer develops when chemicals keep adding and replacing the lost telomeres..... :) hope u got it

Reaction score
Reaction score
Answer is C. Cellulose depends on hydrogen bonds, as they hold together cellulose molecules in microfibrils. Haemoglobin has hydrogen bonds to maintains its tertiary structure and water's surface tension and cohesion is also due to hydrogen bonds. Glycogen, however, does not have any properties than depend on hydrogen bonding.
thnx a lot i thought glycogen depends on it but seems i have mistaken....:X3:

Reaction score
The answer to the first one is D and it is quite obvious isn't it ? Because the question asks what is not valid for the data given. When you see the data given it states that X has less oxygen and a smaller producer, so the rate of photosynthesis will automatically be lower in X than in Y. Whereas the statement suggests that the rate of photosynthesis is higher in X. And once you've done one of these questions the next one would be easy. The answer to the other one will be quite obvious won't it ?

Reaction score
The answer to the first one is D and it is quite obvious isn't it ? Because the question asks what is not valid for the data given. When you see the data given it states that X has less oxygen and a smaller producer, so the rate of photosynthesis will automatically be lower in X than in Y. Whereas the statement suggests that the rate of photosynthesis is higher in X. And once you've done one of these questions the next one would be easy. The answer to the other one will be quite obvious won't it ?
Notice that the answer for one of these questions is that all the statements are valid which was as you said D but in the next questions which has exactly the same wordings asks which of the statements are NOT valid.....?!!! :confused::X3:

Reaction score
yes one says mark the statements that are valid and the other says mark the statements that are not valid. But the statements are EXACTLY THE SAME. So, its pretty much a straightforward question don't you think ?

Reaction score
yes one says mark the statements that are valid and the other says mark the statements that are not valid. But the statements are EXACTLY THE SAME. So, its pretty much a straightforward question don't you think ?
okk i still can't get ur point how can it be a straight forward question.... i believe this question should not exist, it's totally insane and i's driving me mad too !!!!!!!:mad::eek:

Reaction score
but how is D invalid for 1 question and then becomes valid for another? its a pretty much messed up question :/