• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology and Physics ATP inuiry

Reaction score
Firstly i would like to say that this is a GREAT platform and Mashallah sa you guys have helped me alot!
My question is that the graphs in Biology/Physics, can we make them with straight lines, if it is not specified to make a curve. Also often i see in physics past papers they saying "straight line to best fit" and the points don't make a straight line... what does that mean!

Reaction score
in physics mostly it happens that point do not lie in a line ..
we usually make a straight line . .means ,take some points (abt 2) which are in straight line and equal number of points above and below the line..:sick: this is graph of best fit :)
hope it heLps :)

Reaction score
abt the graphs in biology ..
it's really difficult to know tht we r to make a straight linr or a curve . .i have seen in past papers , in some graphs curves and in some staight lines...:mad:

Reaction score
Firstly i would like to say that this is a GREAT platform and Mashallah sa you guys have helped me alot!
My question is that the graphs in Biology/Physics, can we make them with straight lines, if it is not specified to make a curve. Also often i see in physics past papers they saying "straight line to best fit" and the points don't make a straight line... what does that mean!

In Biology points can be joined with ruled line or using a ruler, or a curve can also be drawn...there are no restrictions in biology...
In Physics, ruled line are rarely required....always a line/curv of best fit is required.
Point to remember: A line/curve of best fit means that the line/curve passes through most of the points plotted in a neat and smooth way.

Reaction score
Always Make best fit graph!
Leave equal number of points above and below the line.
You may refer to the Starting pages of Red spot atp (yearly)