• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology A* expectations

curve for an A*

• Total voters
Reaction score
All the three papers were very easy, especially P1. So, the curve should be high!

Reaction score
well i knw i did gud but still want it to b low to b on the much safer side!!!!!!!!!!!:)
BTW plz vote and post ur predictions?????????:)

Reaction score
please i want to ask a question
all of you take chemistry ana all of its marks is 160 or 18o bio and chemistry
but when you open xtreme papers to see the expectations to get the star ana A and B its overall marks is from 200 caz he added paper 5
so can any one tell me how can i know the expectation to get star but from 160
i tried to make ratio
so can any one tell me how can know that expectations ?

Reaction score
please i want to ask a question
all of you take chemistry ana all of its marks is 160 or 18o bio and chemistry
but when you open xtreme papers to see the expectations to get the star ana A and B its overall marks is from 200 caz he added paper 5
so can any one tell me how can i know the expectation to get star but from 160
i tried to make ratio
so can any one tell me how can know that expectations ?

dude u must have heard that percentage weightage stuff lyk for P1 30% P620% P3 50%........
actually no one is sure how they mark the gts but if talkin bout an A* frm 160 esp this year where papers were mch easir thn u have to loose max 20-30 marks to b in the range for an A* (in my opinion)

Reaction score
why do you think it will never go up you know why because we dont know really if we did good or not it might be easy but answer are not up to the examiner expectations so so you shoudnt be sad it will never go up and just pry you get an A*

I think you misunderstood me. I want the threshold to be high, so that there is more competition ;)

Reaction score
and are you sure you are getting A* any way I hope you get it and for all of us inshallah

Of course I am not sure. I was talking about IGCSE in general, usually the grade thresholds are low in all subjects.
Insha'Allah we all will get the A* :)

Reaction score
Of course I am not sure. I was talking about IGCSE in general, usually the grade thresholds are low in all subjects.
Insha'Allah we all will get the A* :)

Not really. In maths, they are +170 (usually 175). Same for sociology and English.
It all depends on how good people do. Good luck.