• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology 9700 - Paper 21

How was the exam?

• Total voters
Reaction score
so X was mitosis and Y was Meiosis?

and what is the advantage of the sickle cell anaemia dissociation graph?!?

Reaction score
it wasnt a specific question, the paper overall was tough! many girls did not complete the paper =/
the pattern was kinda change because previous papers have loads of direct questions, but this paper had mostly application questions =/ i hope gt is around 43-46 somewhere

Reaction score
it wasnt a specific question, the paper overall was tough! many girls did not complete the paper =/
the pattern was kinda change because previous papers have loads of direct questions, but this paper had mostly application questions =/ i hope gt is around 43-46 somewhere
really the gals didnt? most of the guys found it easy, only a few arabs were like it was hard.....

just messed up the part in which we had to identify meiosis and mitosis part.....

Reaction score
IT WAS EASY.....damn you just needed to think with you're information, thats the problem with students today and GCE A level edexcel, they just memorize and go for the exam, thats bogus and disgraceful, examiners won't be able to discriminate between A* material and non-A* material I mean thank god for CIE, efforts come from depth and understanding, NOT memorization, Im sorry some people didn't do well and, INSHALLAH WITH ALLAH'S GRACE AND KINDNESS, the curve will be low and you'll do fine:)

Reaction score
IT WAS EASY.....damn you just needed to think with you're information, thats the problem with students today and GCE A level edexcel, they just memorize and go for the exam, thats bogus and disgraceful, examiners won't be able to discriminate between A* material and non-A* material I mean thank god for CIE, efforts come from depth and understanding, NOT memorization, Im sorry some people didn't do well and, INSHALLAH WITH ALLAH'S GRACE AND KINDNESS, the curve will be low and you'll do fine:)
at last some one who understands

Reaction score
It was not bad, few tricky question but I guess i managed to answer everything on time.
Except for the dissociation curve second part, a question about how the shape of the the curve M is beneficial to those with Sickle Cell Anaemia, and the type of division was kinda confusing :/, I thought about writing mitosis for both but I ended with (i) Meiosis (ii) Mitosis.
It was beneficial because obviously person M was in presence of higher pCO2 and due to the Bohr effect unloading of O2 to respiring tissue would be easier since it gives up its O2 more readily, plus i think you had to right this CO2 + H2O ---> HCO3- + H+, H+ + Hb ---> HHb, this causes an allosteric change making it release oxygen nd obviously if more oxugen is available more O2 is released. 3 points :) inshallah right

Reaction score
It was beneficial because obviously person M was in presence of higher pCO2 and due to the Bohr effect unloading of O2 to respiring tissue would be easier since it gives up its O2 more readily, plus i think you had to right this CO2 + H2O ---> HCO3- + H+, H+ + Hb ---> HHb, this causes an allosteric change making it release oxygen nd obviously if more oxugen is available more O2 is released. 3 points :) inshallah right
I meant more CO2 is available not oxygen lol

Reaction score
what do yhu mean many girls, thats sexism...:mad:

Reaction score
i wont comment on the exam cause i have no clue how i did.. hopefully i reach the A -.-'

i have a question though in paper 1.. 01/M/J/06 - question 22. i don't get it. can sm1 plz explain the question :s
thanx :)

Reaction score
What did you guys write for the advantages of the dissociation curve of a person with sickle cell anemia? :eek: