• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Bio Unit 1 Doubts

Reaction score
cystic fibrosis is caused due to the defect in the CFTR gene. this gene makes a protein that controls the movement of water in and out of the cell in your body.in ppl with cystic fibrosis the protein dosent work effectively and hence causes thick and sticky mucus and a very salty sweat wich are the main features of CF.
this is how it works...
(1).. CFTR channel is absent or dosent work effectively so the sodium channel doesnt rgulate...as it is sodium channel opens and closes with the help of CFTR...
(2) hence the Na+ channel is permenantely open so the sodium ions cntinue to enter the cell from the mucus thru the sodium ion channel.
(3) the chloride ions are regulated by the CFTR protein and as its abnt the secretion of Cl- ion doesnt takes place..
(4) so water continuesly drains out o the mucus and into the cell by osmosis
(5) wich inturn makes the mucus sticky and thick.
...HOPE THIS HELPED!!!...
if theres any mistake do correct me ..
and yes pray for me !!!:)

Reaction score
what's a 'codon' and 'anitcodon' and 'antisense' ??? plz help
in the mRNA theres a sequence of three nitrogeneous bases wich codes for a specific amino acid!! and its called a CODON!!!
in the tRNA theres a triplet nucleotide sequence thats called anticodon and u can find this on the middle loop of the tRNA molecule
i think dat antisense strand is the strand that runs from 3 prime to 5 prime! um nt sure :/

Reaction score
thank
cystic fibrosis is caused due to the defect in the CFTR gene. this gene makes a protein that controls the movement of water in and out of the cell in your body.in ppl with cystic fibrosis the protein dosent work effectively and hence causes thick and sticky mucus and a very salty sweat wich are the main features of CF.
this is how it works...
(1).. CFTR channel is absent or dosent work effectively so the sodium channel doesnt rgulate...as it is sodium channel opens and closes with the help of CFTR...
(2) hence the Na+ channel is permenantely open so the sodium ions cntinue to enter the cell from the mucus thru the sodium ion channel.
(3) the chloride ions are regulated by the CFTR protein and as its abnt the secretion of Cl- ion doesnt takes place..
(4) so water continuesly drains out o the mucus and into the cell by osmosis
(5) wich inturn makes the mucus sticky and thick.
...HOPE THIS HELPED!!!...
if theres any mistake do correct me ..
and yes pray for me !!!:)
thanks,MAY ALLAH HELPS BOTH OF US:)