• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

BIO PPR 1 V1 <3

Reaction score
Cell development was phloem and the other i did it genetic but it should be bOth since the questions said CAN be inherited..Height is controlled by genes and environment and height can be inherited..
I did both :D ..hope it is correct

Reaction score
All i can say is the exam was easy alhamdullah :)
I didnt read the entire post but i found to questions common and they are
1) The circulatory system question is D
2) The fish question is just repeated and it is C
Now i do have one question that i'm not sure of which was the inheritance question could someone reply ? :D

it is genetic and environment (both ticks)

because hight for example

is genetic and is also environment and can be inherited

Reaction score
Yeah but they said
"X is a circular muscle"
If they meant it has a circular shape then it should state "Muscle X is circular"
Ciliary body has circular,longitudinal,and radial muscles
No, circular and radial muscles are in the iris!

Reaction score
There was something wrong with the question of the eye
Circular muscle is supposed to be on the iris and it is antagonistic with radial muscle ... but he was pointing to cilliary muscle
Anyway.. I think I did it D

Reaction score
Circular muscle is supposed to be on the iris and it is antagonistic with radial muscle ... but he was pointing to cilliary muscle
Its D

Reaction score
Same here,i did it D, but I did not realise the CIRCULAR label except after the exam!:giggle:

Reaction score
Phloem something related to that
Heyy.. hmm the option regarding phloem was something about the tissue at the tip of the root changing into phloem. This implies (According to what I think) xylem, which is at the tip of the root changing to phloem (Does that make sense? :confused:) And I found a question in may/june 2003.. the diagram shows mitosis and the answer is D (Both growth and development). In today's paper.. I wrote mitosis as the answer for development. Could that be right?

gNHnh.jpg

Reaction score
Heyy.. hmm the option regarding phloem was something about the tissue at the tip of the root changing into phloem. This implies (According to what I think) xylem, which is at the tip of the root changing to phloem (Does that make sense? :confused:) And I found a question in may/june 2003.. the diagram shows mitosis and the answer is D (Both growth and development). In today's paper.. I wrote mitosis as the answer for development. Could that be right?

gNHnh.jpg

The one at first stage is fertilized ovum .... This have no relation to the answer you meant

Reaction score

gNHnh.jpg

that is mitosis cells joining to form something else

but in today's exam it was not like that it was phloem thingy

Reaction score
The one at first stage is fertilized ovum .... This have no relation to the answer you meant
that is mitosis cells joining to form something else

but in today's exam it was not like that it was phloem thingy
Probably.. but that's what I thought coz the diagram in the question also represents mitosis ( the cells divided to form the fetus). Anyways.. never mind!

Reaction score

gNHnh.jpg
Development is the increase in the complexity of an organism.

Reaction score
Unfortunately found that Genetic is the only inherited while enviromental isn't :cry: