• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Bio paper 6 doubt Help please

Reaction score
BIOLOGY Can someone help me please
There is a question in OCT/NOV 2005 Paper 6
Suggest how you would observe the yeast cells and how you would estimate their total population in the flask?
i looked it up in the marking scheme but still i don't understand the answer :'(

Reaction score
Dude this is an IGCSE question, why did u post it in the olevels thread.....anyways the answer to your question:
Method:
Take a clean microscope slide and place the sample on it.....Stain the sample so that the yeast cells can be viewed easily.Place the slide on the stage of a microscope. Hold the slide in place by using clips....Adjust the amount of light coming through the mirror.....Adjust the magnification until the image is clearly visible through the eyepiece.Count the number of cells on slide. .Make sure to repeat the experiment and take the samples at equal time intervals.
This is the outine of the answer...........They ahve just given the main points in the marking scheme on which credit will be awarded.