• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Bio paper 32, lets discuss!

How was the paper?

• A*

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • less than A

Votes: 9 27.3%

• Total voters
Reaction score
what was the difference between the ghanian and the australian scientists' experiments?

Reaction score
Don't discuss it yet, 24 hours has not elapsed, and its a violation of the rules to discuss them here as it is cheating before 24 hours.

Alot of our threads and posts were deleted.

Reaction score
It sucked there wasnt enough time to think
Many said its for people with high level of thinking
Anyways i thought heart wont come coz it came in last paper so i messesd up in the labels as well as the name of process i wrote nitrogen fixation and fixing nitrifying and denitrifying as they already wrote deamination
The first page was crap i remember i wrote villi
In the last anawer
Last page i wrote something without even reading the question
My impression about the paper is that SOme questions were very detailed and some were stupid
I hope i get good grade inshallah
Come on we still have paper 1 as i did paper 6 pretty well
God bless
Variant 32

Reaction score
It sucked there wasnt enough time to think
Many said its for people with high level of thinking
Anyways i thought heart wont come coz it came in last paper so i messesd up in the labels as well as the name of process i wrote nitrogen fixation and fixing nitrifying and denitrifying as they already wrote deamination
The first page was crap i remember i wrote villi
In the last anawer
Last page i wrote something without even reading the question
My impression about the paper is that SOme questions were very detailed and some were stupid
I hope i get good grade inshallah
Come on we still have paper 1 as i did paper 6 pretty well
God bless
Variant 32
Villi was correct
and for the last label question on the nitrogen cycle, one was nitrogen fixation (the first one) and the second last one was NITRIFICATION , the difference between the two being very small, but enough to deduct a mark. and I got that one wrong too.

reading your reply you don't seem like you've lost a lot of mark, so don't sweat it.

and the papers are not for people with high level thinking, its just the way tests are theses days, it sorts out people who memorize from the ones who can apply what they've learnt in unsual cases like the tomato seedling and the blue light.

Reaction score
Thanx for giving me some hope
An yeah the way they are examining people is improving too

Reaction score
1. in the nitrogen cycle diagram, will i lose a mark if i only wrote fixation for one of the answers, instead of writing nitrogen fixation?

2. In Q 1, where we had to list three substances absorbed by villi in both the alimentary canal and the kidney tubule, are these three answers:
-Water
-Salts
-Mineral ions
correct?

Reaction score
1. in the nitrogen cycle diagram, will i lose a mark if i only wrote fixation for one of the answers, instead of writing nitrogen fixation?

first label is nitrogen fixation, last label is denitrification. SECOND last which also seems like nitrogen fixation is actually nitrification. There is a difference.
Fixation is turning nitrogen Gas to nitrate. nitrification is turning ammonia or an ammonium compoung to nitrate.

2. In Q 1, where we had to list three substances absorbed by villi in both the alimentary canal and the kidney tubule, are these three answers:
-Water
-Salts
-Mineral ions
correct?

I wrote glucose, water and salts/ions.
Glucose being common in both gave it first priority, but I guess your's is right too.

Reaction score

-Water
-Salts
-Mineral ions
correct?
the minerals that are absorbed are in the form of salts so its
glucose, mineral salts and water, but you'll surely get 2 on 3

Reaction score
what was the difference between the ghanian and the australian experiments?
ghanian one was selective breeding, where there was no artificial change in genes, whereas the australian experiment was a genetical modification