• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

BIO 5090/62 help

Reaction score
i drew the big one with the small one inside..
the image length was 40-45mm i guess, i dont remember exactly
the drawing length was 80mm, so yea my drawing was twice the size of image
and my magnification was 800 something :)

yeah the image was 40 mm or something, and my drawing length was 95 mm.
And really? you had to round off the number? Awwh :/ I rounded them off but then i cut them cause i thought they asked for the exact value -.-

Reaction score
yeah the image was 40 mm or something, and my drawing length was 95 mm.
And really? you had to round off the number? Awwh :/ I rounded them off but then i cut them cause i thought they asked for the exact value -.-
you had to , thats why im gonna lose 1 mark in q1 and 1 mark in that skin wala question :cry:

Reaction score
seriously o_O ? i find p1 p2 way too easier than the atp.
ATP is usually hard but this time it was pretty easy, despite the silly mistakes some of us made. So i'm guessing P1 and p2 will be tough :/ And anyway, you have to stody tons more for p1 and p2 than for the ATP :l

Reaction score
In the question related to the nervous system, in which we had to fill the table averaging the result of the student's correct responses I think the answers were 9.75, 8.25 and 6.25 but I wrote them rounded to the nearest whole number i.e 10, 8 and 6. Will this cause deduction in marks for me or will I still be able to score a mark or two in it? I think the table was for 3-4 marks.
you will get full , don't worry , I asked my sir , I Did the same !

Reaction score
Suggest ways to extend the experiment?
I wrote
Starch Test
Varying Light intensities
Trying the experiment with more leaves. :/
what did you guys write?

Reaction score
I wrote
Starch Test
what did you guys write?[/quote/]

i guess we had to write as to how to extend the experiment to further investigate the Width of the leaves,
I wrote to keep the same Plant in their designated conditions (one in sunlight and the other in shade)
give them same external conditions ie water, minerals ion and abundance of air!
leave them for a few weeks to grow and then take leaves again from them to investigate further! And Dont pick all the leaves,, leave a few behind!

Reaction score
in the part c of question 1,which was about how to extend the experiment further..what were we supposed to do?
please anyone..??

Reaction score
for qeustion 3 in which we had to draw the image did we have to draw the whole figure labelled y or just the inside of it where y was exactly pointing to?
and my image length came out to be 52mm

Reaction score
I wrote
Starch Test
what did you guys write?
i wrote exactly the same, copy/paste :p
maeen , the experiment was the effect of LIGHT on the DEVELOPMENT of the leaves.
when we do starch test, we know the amount of carbohydrates in the leaf and thus, the development/growth :)

Reaction score
i guess we had to write as to how to extend the experiment to further investigate the Width of the leaves,
I wrote to keep the same Plant in their designated conditions (one in sunlight and the other in shade)
leave them for a few weeks to grow and then take leaves again from them to investigate further! And Dont pick all the leaves,, leave a few behind![/quote]

Reaction score
leave them for a few weeks to grow and then take leaves again from them to investigate further! And Dont pick all the leaves,, leave a few behind!
[/quote]
i think you are wrong. thats not what the experiment was :/

Reaction score
One more Question!.. Did it occur to anyone that in Question 1 the Leaves growing in sunlight should be Bigger and greener than those in Shade? and it was the opposite in the diagram!.. those in sunlight were smaller and less greener!

Reaction score
for qeustion 3 in which we had to draw the image did we have to draw the whole figure labelled y or just the inside of it where y was exactly pointing to?
and my image length came out to be 52mm

I messed up, you were supposed to draw whole of it but I ended up drawing the part where it was pointing to.

Reaction score
i drew the big one with the small one inside..
the image length was 40-45mm i guess, i dont remember exactly
the drawing length was 80mm, so yea my drawing was twice the size of image
and my magnification was 800 something :)
Yup the image lenth was 40-45mm....and my mignification was about x1000...

Reaction score
One more Question!.. Did it occur to anyone that in Question 1 the Leaves growing in sunlight should be Bigger and greener than those in Shade? and it was the opposite in the diagram!.. those in sunlight were smaller and less greener!
yes, and the leaves in shade had more chloroplasts too :)

Reaction score
i think you are wrong. thats not what the experiment was :/[/quote]

Ah!.. only the mark schemes will tell us that!.. Goodluck!