• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Beard Just a Sunnah or Wajibb

Reaction score
Assalam u alaikum Warakh mutallahi Wabarakatuhu
Nahmadoho Sallu Ala Rasool -e-kareem Amma Ba'ad61296_100741396656667_100537190010421_3545_486760_n.jpg
Brothers , when we love someone ,we imply everything that is linked to it ,and when it comes to Prophet (s.a.w.) , Sahaba (r.z) made examples of thier love for Prophet(s.a.w) .One of the best way was to follow Prophet's Sunnah.When we believe Prophet (s.a.w.) is the best person in the world and that everything , he did was an example for ,thus based on that believe ,we have to follow each and everything ,that our Prophet (s.a.w) did ! For eg, if i know that a particular person has MASTERS in a particular task , we would actually follow ,the very same pattern of Methode , he does to accomplish that Task , similarly this logic , applies on Prophet's Sunnah too. One of the Sunnah is Beard ,which many of us for the Wordly requirments or lack of ruling it has on it wajjibat, we actually Shave it of . However ,it is a wajib sunnah ,that is Beard ,has to be compulsary and that shaving is hara'am.To further prove my point i would go with my Prophet's narration regarding beard:
(1) Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said "I have no connection iwth one who shaves, shouts and tears his clothing eg. in grief or affication."
- Reported by Abu Darda (R.A.) in Muslim, Hadith no. 501
(2) The teachings of Hadhrat Ammar Bin Yaasir, Abdullah Ibn Umar, Sayyidina Umar, Abu Hurairah and Jaabir (R.A.), indicate that ALL used to keep beards that were one fist length or more. Hadhrat Jaabir (R.A.) had said: "We used to grow long beards and only during Hajj and Umrah did we trim them to the required length (i.e. fist length)."
(3) Hadhrat Abdullah Ibn Umar (R.A.) relates that: "He who imitates the kuffar (non-believers) and dies in that state, he will be raised up with them on the Day of Qiyamat (Judgement)."
(4) Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) says: "Trim closely the moustache, and let the beard flow (Grow)."
- Narrated Ibn Umar (R.A.) in Muslim, Hadith no. 498
(5) "Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) ordered us to trim the moustache closely and spare the beard" says Ibn Umar.
- Muslim, Hadith no. 449
(6) Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam)said: "Act against contrary to the polythesists, trim closely the moustache and grow the beard."
- Reported by Ibn Umar (R.A.) in Muslim, Hadith no. 500
(7) Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said "Trim closely the moustache and grow the beard."
- Reported by Abu Hurairah (R.A.) in Muslim, Hadith no. 501
(8) Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said: "Anyone who shaves has no claim to the mercy of Allah"
- Reported by Ibn Abbas (R.A.) in Tibrabi
(9) Hadhrat Abdullah Ibn Umar (R.A.) used to cut that portion (which exceeds the grip of the hand) of the beard.
- Tirmidhi

Reactions: N.M