• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Battle of Uhad

Reaction score
Did muslims won the battle of Uhad or lost it?

Its pretty simple question but just confirming coz one of my notes say they won, while I believe they lost it, reply
Regards,

Reaction score
Muslims were able to ensure the safetly of Madinah !!
The aim of Quraish was to destroy madinah which wasn't completed so I think the Quraish lost !!

Reaction score
It was indecisive. However, it can be deemed a victory for both sides. This is because, the Muslims, kept the resistance continued, and Makkans, left, believing they had done enough damage.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
In the paper, nobody will ever ask you to tell who exactly won the battle! (I'm sure there are no Short Questions in Islamiyat paper :| )

Reaction score
Nibz got a point.
But if we are to write importance than it was written in my notes that "After being defeated by Muslims twice, Quraysh realised they can not defeat muslim alone and hence joined their hand with other tribes to continue the series of aggression"
this one suggest they won

Another importance is "Muslim realised that there success lie in obedience to the prophet or they would be at a loss "
Now this one suggest muslim lost

And also if we are to write event of the battle, then we may also have to state who won, who lost

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
The way I remembered it was like this => "Muslims suffered a 'HUGE LOSS' in this battle."
I think about 70 muslims were martyred and Hazrat Muhammad (S.A.W) was hurt badly - what can be a more greater loss than this!

Reaction score
in my opinion it was a tactical loss......:p
Muslim had almost 7 times more losses then Quraish..........