• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

BAN MUSIC CAMPAIGN - For Muslim brothers and sisters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
magicians and poets? :confused: , dont you think thats something beyond for any of us to decide and rests with Allah alone?o_O
maybe you will decide to change your first name too if you know its history :rolleyes:

i have no problem if anybody had same name as me. surely names do not decide the character and deeds of that person.
okay so tell me, why there are so much miracles happened to them. more miracles than Allah granted Rasulullah. they show to be better person that Rasulullah. They didn't even have a source of income. they didn't work. all they did was to fool others. and there is no surprise to listen that for them sun came to earth just for cooking a piece of meat?

Reaction score
What about lyric-less film/video games scores and soundtracks. They contain no reference to any of these evils or sins.

first tell me who is anyone to decide what is harram/hallah other than Allah and his messenger. Quran doesn't say a word about music. there are few translations which translate 'evil speech; into words of their own choice in brackets. real quran(arabic not a mere translation) does not prohibit music or even talk about it. And there is not a single hadith saying 'music is haram' or 'music is prohibited'. there is one which does not directly says music is haram and has a high chance of being polluted as other ahadith with same matn do not contain word music, everything else is same.
so it makes no sense to declare it haram when Allah hasn't. but dont listen music with bad words or which preaches against islam. any talk like this has been prohibited several times in quran. if u like i will give you reference from quran.

Reaction score
i have no problem if anybody had same name as me. surely names do not decide the character and deeds of that person.
okay so tell me, why there are so much miracles happened to them. more miracles than Allah granted Rasulullah. they show to be better person that Rasulullah. They didn't even have a source of income. they didn't work. all they did was to fool others. and there is no surprise to listen that for them sun came to earth just for cooking a piece of meat?
this my friend is the greatest misconception
most of their followers are illiterate and ignorant and some fake heirs and "gaddi nasheen" spring up and put up false miracles to their name, im not talking about that rubbish, who calls it sufism?
im talking about their personal writings in which nothing like this exist, just for the sake of experience explore what they say not their illiterate followers
so they had no miracles (never will you find a claim in their writings), its just a money making scheme
as for source of income, tell me what is the source of income of say Daawat e Islami?
dont believe a word of people say, they have idolised them whereas many left clear instructions to be buried in unmarked graves

Reaction score
what if i told you that a big name is sufism who is buried in india has talked in his OWN book that his followers should not call Allah(make dua) directly but through him only. i dont want to take any names. i dont want to take such a big name and insult him in front of people. If Allah has given him good name in peoples mind who am i to insult him. i dont disgrace anybody and i expect the same for me.

Reaction score
what if i told you that a big name is sufism who is buried in india has talked in his OWN book that his followers should not call Allah(make dua) directly but through him only. i dont want to take any names. i dont want to take such a big name and insult him in front of people. If Allah has given him good name in peoples mind who am i to insult him. i dont disgrace anybody and i expect the same for me.
so what? fakes are always present so forget it
im just talking about two people who made greatest contribution to sufism here , bullay shah and waris shah
from their writing if you can find anything more than modesty and submission to allah and his prophet, you are most welcome to share :)

Reaction score
(writing any other language than english is banned here)
“Tired of reciting the Vedas and the Quran,
Kneeling and prostrating with my forehead down,
God neither in Mathura, nor in Mecca resides,
Only those who can see the Light can find Him.”
and see this one from "Bullah who you know you are"
I am the first, I am the last
None other, have I ever known
I am the wisest of them all
Bulleh! do I stand alone?
and what about the Quran? here is what My Rabb says about them:
(26:224) As for poets, only the wayward follow them.
(26:225) Do you not see that they wander about in every valley.
(26:226) and say things which they do not act upon
they mostly tell us to love Allah but never they said to fear Allah. And quran says so much about fearing Him. you can see words about fearing him in every other page of quran mostly. in the introductory verses of Al-Baqrah Allah says zalikal kitabu la raiba fihi hudallil muttakeen meaning clearly that this book is surely guidance to those who fear(him). They preach peace other than islam. They painted islamic theme on hinduism. too much said.

Reaction score
you are right but you references are incomplete, hence you have taken wrong meanings
as for the first one
“Tired of reciting the Vedas and the Quran,
Kneeling and prostrating with my forehead down,
God neither in Mathura, nor in Mecca resides,
Only those who can see the Light can find Him.”
he is saying that simply reciting the arabic will get you nowhere, nor will praying because it is your religious duty, nor hajj as an obligation, but you have to develop the love and respect by actually observing the surroundings and see the prrofs of His existence. Moreover the multiple references are not as in Quran and vedas are equal, but the way people simply read them without understanding, their impact on their lives is equal. Same is the case for hajj rffering makkah and mathura
as for second one, you have got the title wrong its "Bulleya kee jana main kon?" meaning "Bulleya, who do i think i am?" and does not talk about pride but humbleness, i have read it whole in punjabi and never encountered these verses, i will check in a minute

Reaction score
this is the first translation i encountered and is self explantory, i dont know where you picked that one from

I know not who I am

I am neither a believer going to the mosque
Nor given to non-believing ways
Neither clean, nor unclean
Neither Moses not Pharoah
I know not who I am

I am neither among sinners nor among saints
Neither happy, nor unhappy
I belong neither to water not to earth
I am neither fire, not air
I know not who I am

Neither do I know the secret of religion
Nor am I born of Adam and Eve
I have given myself no name
I belong neither to those who squat and pray
Nor to those who have gone astray
I know not who I am

I was in the beginning, I’d be there in the end
I know not any one other than the One
Who could be wiser than Bulleh Shah
Whose Master is ever there to tend?
I know not who I am.

Reaction score
^ see you missed the line mentioning Master (Allah) and then instead of "I know not who I am" and put "Do I stand alone"
it is evident that the person whose translation you took was biased

Reaction score
and what about the Quran? here is what My Rabb says about them:
(26:224) As for poets, only the wayward follow them.
(26:225) Do you not see that they wander about in every valley.
(26:226) and say things which they do not act upon
-__- (26:227) "Except those [poets] who believe and do righteous deeds and remember Allah often and defend [the Muslims] after they were wronged"
dont tell me you failed to see the very next verse
(writing any other language than english is banned here)
they mostly tell us to love Allah but never they said to fear Allah. And quran says so much about fearing Him. you can see words about fearing him in every other page of quran mostly. in the introductory verses of Al-Baqrah Allah says zalikal kitabu la raiba fihi hudallil muttakeen meaning clearly that this book is surely guidance to those who fear(him). They preach peace other than islam. They painted islamic theme on hinduism. too much said.
so you mean to say that if a person A fears Allah and his punishments and a person B loves Allah for His blessings and mercy, then A is better? o_O

Reaction score
the main point why music is disallowed/Haram in Islam, is that it is addictive and it deviates one from prayer
ask those who are a victim of music, they listen to it all the time, if not listening, then singing
thus when one prays, the words of music come to him rather than the words of the Quran, and his attention is deviated
the point being made that if u do not listen to music then u can concentrate in ur prayer and apply ur entire focus on ur prayers
the importance of being conscious in ur prayer is further strenghtened by the following Hadith from Bukhari that uses sleepiness to describe one's state of unconscious thinking
"When a person is drowsy in his prayers, let him go to sleep, so that he knows what he recites'
also when reciting the Quran in ur prayers, u shud read it in such a way that u too can hear it, like u shud reach that amplitude of voice
the same applies for T.V and other things that distract ur attention. for example, ur favourite tv show is on, and it is the time for prayer. but u tell urself no i will pray after this episode and it goes on until ur prayer becomes Qaza
another reason y is it Haram, is that u cannot concentrate on ur day to day works, and thus u become lazy wanting to hear music
this is all Satan's plan to avert u from all important things and invite u to the evil side, so to avoid Satan's tactic stop listening to music
hope i have made it clear for u y music is Haram in Islam

Reaction score
-__- (26:227) "Except those [poets] who believe and do righteous deeds and remember Allah often and defend [the Muslims] after they were wronged"
dont tell me you failed to see the very next verse

so you mean to say that if a person A fears Allah and his punishments and a person B loves Allah for His blessings and mercy, then A is better? o_O

I m not saying that we should not love Allah. How is that possible? I m saying about NOT FEARING Allah. Rasulullah also loved Allah. more than anyone else. but he also feared Allah more than us. If you dont believe read some random ahadith and you will read Rasulullah saying it many times.

Reaction score
the main point why music is disallowed/Haram in Islam, is that it is addictive and it deviates one from prayer
ask those who are a victim of music, they listen to it all the time, if not listening, then singing
thus when one prays, the words of music come to him rather than the words of the Quran, and his attention is deviated
the point being made that if u do not listen to music then u can concentrate in ur prayer and apply ur entire focus on ur prayers
the importance of being conscious in ur prayer is further strenghtened by the following Hadith from Bukhari that uses sleepiness to describe one's state of unconscious thinking
"When a person is drowsy in his prayers, let him go to sleep, so that he knows what he recites'
also when reciting the Quran in ur prayers, u shud read it in such a way that u too can hear it, like u shud reach that amplitude of voice
the same applies for T.V and other things that distract ur attention. for example, ur favourite tv show is on, and it is the time for prayer. but u tell urself no i will pray after this episode and it goes on until ur prayer becomes Qaza
another reason y is it Haram, is that u cannot concentrate on ur day to day works, and thus u become lazy wanting to hear music
this is all Satan's plan to avert u from all important things and invite u to the evil side, so to avoid Satan's tactic stop listening to music
hope i have made it clear for u y music is Haram in Islam

before results i m so much nervous that i think about it even during prayer. so giving paper is also haram? Harram things are clearly mentioned in quran and hadith. I don't know how a person can sing music or even play music in his mind during salat. you dont know what you are speaking in salat so obviously you will think of other things. but atleast music isn't thay big problem that you will think about it in salat. it never happened to me that music comes into my mind during prayer. coz i know what i m saying. although big issues sometimes disturb me during salat.

Reaction score
i object :eek:
ever heard bullay shah or waris shah?o_O
not the "modern" sufi stuff :rolleyes:
do you realise that if you belong to subcontinent, islam in your family was brought in by them?
they preached and taught islam to the ignorant pagans and their writings are a treasure :cool:

Definitely. you got me wrong bro. I am a big follower of Sufis. and i support Sufi music. :D

Reaction score
Guys please do not derive out of topic. you will be helping the other party.

Reaction score
Guys please do not derive out of topic. you will be helping the other party.

Reaction score
I m not saying that we should not love Allah. How is that possible? I m saying about NOT FEARING Allah. Rasulullah also loved Allah. more than anyone else. but he also feared Allah more than us. If you dont believe read some random ahadith and you will read Rasulullah saying it many times.
do you love your parents or fear them?
isnt it obvious that if a person loves and respects Allah then fears as well ?
and you did not answer my other questions, i explained both the extracts of bulleh shah and Quran, now i need your answer :)

Reaction score
lies, lies, damned lies.
islam was brought to us indians through the great sahabas, tabeins such as Muhammad bim Qasim. Come on! do some research and then speak the truth
research is incomplete on your part
muhammad bin qasim was an invader not preacher
and please avoid inappropriate language, calling a liar does not help unless you have proof

Status
Not open for further replies.