• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

BAN MUSIC CAMPAIGN - For Muslim brothers and sisters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
well since u were cracking some, I thought I might as well join in.. :p
i am surprised by this. u think that islam is a topic on which one can crack jokes. truly shame on you moderator. i m not saying this coz i support him or something but coz u are making fun of islam. and i m sure my account will be deleted or my post if u talk to you like this. but i won't stop saying the truth.

Reaction score
if we are strong enough in calculus than even a prove is enough for understanding calculus. it is our need that we need lectures. but as for islam, i m Alhamdulillah strong enough to get the basic message of Allah in his Ayah. If not all then at least the basic message of god, calling me to hear and understand it.
AND that illustrates the difference between a human and the divine supremecy that latar one had made things much easier for us. In Surah Baqrah Allah says that he has made a clear distinction between evil and good, and that latar ONE IS OUR CREATOR WHO WON'T KICK US OUT, but will answer and guide us as he did in holy Quan, .

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
if we are strong enough in calculus than even a prove is enough for understanding calculus. it is our need that we need lectures. but as for islam, i m Alhamdulillah strong enough to get the basic message of Allah in his Ayah. If not all then at least the basic message of god, calling me to hear and understand it.
if you could understand it, why was there need for Allah S.w.T to revelal it in such a long time...? 20+ years....? why was Quran not revealed as a book in one go....? why is it that when Aisha R.A. was asked about Prophet S.A.W she replied "his character was the qur'an" (Bukhari)...? so it took RasoolAllah S.A.W his lifetime to instill Quran in them and u just want one liners... doesn't make sense.... Islam is clear but that doesn't mean you don't need to learn and get a deep understanding....
Allah S.W.T knows best.

Reaction score
if you could understand it, why was there need for Allah S.w.T to revelal it in such a long time...? 20+ years....? why was Quran not revealed as a book in one go....? why is it that when Aisha R.A. was asked about Prophet S.A.W she replied "his character was the qur'an" (Bukhari)...? so it took RasoolAllah S.A.W his lifetime to instill Quran in them and u just want one liners... doesn't make sense.... Islam is clear but that doesn't mean you don't need to learn and get a deep understanding....
Allah S.W.T knows best.
u need to improve ur reading abilities. I mentioned that i know how deep the quran is. i have experienced it many times when i spend days in researching a verse and still i find new meaning everytime i read it. But the orders are ALWAYS clear. I also said that Our beloved Prophet was sent to explain what is sent for us(also an Ayah)
AND that illustrates the difference between a human and the divine supremecy that latar one had made things much easier for us. In Surah Baqrah Allah says that he has made a clear distinction between evil and good, and that latar ONE IS OUR CREATOR WHO WON'T KICK US OUT, but will answer and guide us as he did in holy Quan, .
To be precise
There shall be no compulsion in [acceptance of] the religion. The right course has become clear from the wrong. So whoever disbelieves in Taghut and believes in Allah has grasped the most trustworthy handhold with no break in it. And Allah is Hearing and Knowing. (Ayah number 226 of surah baqrah)
badrobot pay attention to the word 'clear' in above ayah. i m not in arguement coz i love music more tha quran. i love quran more than any other thing. but i wanted to emphasise on this verse. that was my first post in this thread. mentioning the clear distinction between halal and haram.

Reaction score
what about this crack,
Some ppl use as evidence the hadeeth about the singing of the two young girls, but I will quote what Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said, because it is valuable:

“I am amazed that you quote as evidence for allowing listening to sophisticated songs the report which mentioned about how two young girls who were below the age of puberty sang to a young woman on the day of Eid some verses of Arab poetry about bravery in war and other noble characteristics. How can you compare this to that? What is strange is that this hadeeth is one of the strongest proofs against them. The greatest speaker of the truth [Abu Bakr al-Siddeeq] called them musical instruments of the Shaytaan, and the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) approved of that appellation, but he made an exception in the case of these two young girls who had not yet reached the age of responsibility and the words of whose songs could not corrupt anyone who listened to them. Can this be used as evidence to allow what you do and what you know of listening (to music) which includes (bad) things which are not hidden?! Subhaan Allaah! How people can be led astray! (Madaarij al-Saalikeen, 1/493).
young girls can sing hram songs, then they can eat pork, drink, gamble lie, or do anything.

Reaction score
Allah S.W.T knows best.
point is, Quran (unless tranlated and interpreted worngly, like messing up with words ommiting them) is much more reliable thanks to HAZRAT uTHMAN r.a but with hadith there are several roaming around the unauthentic ones, Sahih Ul Sattah couldn't be used for covering everything. there is much moe difficulty in checking its reliablity with long chain of long gone narrators ehich and their histories that can be easily messed up. in situations as this, when islam enemies want to mess up our religon, it is better to use more reliable source, escpecially when it is such a big matter, matter of hram and halal right. if it exist at all obviously.

Reaction score
i am sure my account will be deleted too, these people jsut can't bear the truth, like he extremist fighters, you don't agree with someone bomb him lie every day in Pkaistan, you dun agree wth soeone shoot him like Malala,you dun agree with someone slay him like damiel pearl
please don't be angry and no need to go in politics. we are not fighting. we are just telling the truth to our brothers who has been distracted by the society or scholars.

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
u need to improve ur reading abilities. I mentioned that i know how deep the quran is. i have experienced it many times when i spend days in researching a verse and still i find new meaning everytime i read it. But the orders are ALWAYS clear. I also said that Our beloved Prophet was sent to explain what is sent for us(also an Ayah)

To be precise
There shall be no compulsion in [acceptance of] the religion. The right course has become clear from the wrong. So whoever disbelieves in Taghut and believes in Allah has grasped the most trustworthy handhold with no break in it. And Allah is Hearing and Knowing. (Ayah number 226 of surah baqrah)
badrobot pay attention to the word 'clear' in above ayah. i m not in arguement coz i love music more tha quran. i love quran more than any other thing. but i wanted to emphasise on this verse. that was my first post in this thread. mentioning the clear distinction between halal and haram.

and its funny that the aayah you quote is talking about belif in Allah V.s belief in At-Tagut (forces of evil).... not about Halal n Haram... coz incidently I remember a hadih on the matter:
On the authority of Abu 'Abdullah al-Nu'man bin Bashir, radiyallahu 'anhu, who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, say:
"Truly, what is lawful is evident, and what is unlawful is evident, and in between the two are matters which are doubtful which many people do not know. He who guards against doubtful things keeps his religion and honour blameless, and he who indulges in doubtful things indulges in fact in unlawful things, just as a shepherd who pastures his flock round a preserve will soon pasture them in it. Beware, every king has a preserve, and the things Allah has declared unlawful are His preserves. Beware, in the body there is a flesh; if it is sound, the whole body is sound, and if it is corrupt, the whole body is corrupt, and behold, it is the heart."
[Al-Bukhari & Muslim]

Allah S.W.T knows best...

Reaction score
i am glad a voice arose, because it is very just, what you two said has always been inside my head, now lets wait for replies.
i agree to ur signature. we must read quran as it is, not the way we want it to be. we must create our views and thoughts by quran. we must not reads quran to support our views. we'll end up missing those things which are against our views. and we don't get corrected by quran caz we think that what we think is correct. out thoughts must be based on quran. but we do opposite. we make the quran look that way we think it is.

Reaction score
and its funny that the aayah you quote is talking about belif in Allah V.s belief in At-Tagut (forces of evil).... not about Hala n Haram... coz incidently I remember a hadih on the matter:
On the authority of Abu 'Abdullah al-Nu'man bin Bashir, radiyallahu 'anhu, who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, say:
"Truly, what is lawful is evident, and what is unlawful is evident, and in between the two are matters which are doubtful which many people do not know. He who guards against doubtful things keeps his religion and honour blameless, and he who indulges in doubtful things indulges in fact in unlawful things, just as a shepherd who pastures his flock round a preserve will soon pasture them in it. Beware, every king has a preserve, and the things Allah has declared unlawful are His preserves. Beware, in the body there is a flesh; if it is sound, the whole body is sound, and if it is corrupt, the whole body is corrupt, and behold, it is the heart."
[Al-Bukhari & Muslim]

i have read this somewhere before. but there has to be a doubt to be doubtful. u must be sleeping. where u get a doubt that it is haram. your definition of taghut are also doubtful to me. where kufr means denying Allah's message, taghut is saying that u r right whereas Allah is wrong. read classical dictionaries on meaning of taghut. it is like a fight between taghut and my rab.
thats why my Rab says 'wa mein yakfir bit taghuti ya yumim bullah' this clause means that unless we deny taghut we are not believers. both are conditions. and in next verse my rab says what makes me cry sometimes' allah u waliyul lazina amanu. yukhrijuhum minal zulumate ilan noor. '

Reaction score
and its funny that the aayah you quote is talking about belif in Allah V.s belief in At-Tagut (forces of evil).... not about Halal n Haram... coz incidently I remember a hadih on the matter:
[Al-Bukhari & Muslim]

Beware, every king has a preserve, and the things Allah has declared unlawful are His preserves., 'you said it yourself'. now part 2 have Allah desribed that.
and as for the thought that once we do somethnig around music we will soon misuse it i already said this, God is most supremem, if you believe in him believe in his orders and none less, no more
'putting more boundries on religion then God have imposed means you consider your self supreme than God (Gid forbid) yOU ARE NOT HELPING RELIGION AT ALL, you are destroying it, God made islam perfect, prefect in balance, so people comfortly follow it, by making it more difficult than God intended means you will make people reluctant and off. islam. please don't do that.'

Reaction score
Beware, every king has a preserve, and the things Allah has declared unlawful are His preserves., 'you said it yourself'. now part 2 have Allah desribed that.
and as for the thought that once we do somethnig around music we will soon misuse it i already said this, God is most supremem, if you believe in him believe in his orders and none less, no more
'putting more boundries on religion then God have imposed means you consider your self supreme than God (Gid forbid) yOU ARE NOT HELPING RELIGION AT ALL, you are destroying it, God made islam perfect, prefect in balance, so people comfortly follow it, by making it more difficult than God intended means you will make people reluctant and off. islam. please don't do that.'
hmmm this fits the definition of taghut. i m afraid. that is what we are supposed to deny. those who think they are supreme to Rab are taghut. exactly.

Reaction score
so the conclusions seems to be that instead of denying the taghut we are becoming taghut ourselves. the highest degree of shirk. thinking that we are supreme than allah. May Allah pardon us. I am really afraid. please society stops making ur opinions more important than Allah's orders. He has perfected islam. let it be. please.

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
so the conclusions seems to be that instead of denying the taghut we are becoming taghut ourselves. the highest degree of shirk. thinking that we are supreme than allah. May Allah pardon us. I am really afraid. please society stops making ur opinions more important than Allah's orders. He has perfected islam. let it be. please.

o_O
where exactly do u get that from....?

Reaction score
o_O
where exactly do u get that from....?
get what? the meaning of taghut from many dictionaries such as hans wehr and traditional as well. and rest of it from the ayah 2:226 and 2:227. i m not blaming u. i m urging you to please let islam the way it is. don't impose other things. My knowledge is nothing in front of my Rab. my preception can be wrong. but as the hadith said if u r doubtful then avoid it. so avoid being taghut. this time doubt was created by quran's verse not an opinion of any commentator.

Reaction score
I hope the next reply will be only proof from quran, not any blames on each other. stop this. accept it or prove it wrong. neither i m being personal nor i want any one else to be. this is islam, not a personal opinion. talk from quran or be silent. and i hope this is the last message on this thread.

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
get what? the meaning of taghut from many dictionaries such as wehn hens and traditional as well. and rest of it from the ayah 2:226 and 2:227. i m not blaming u. i m urging you to please let islam the way it is. don't impose other things. My knowledge is nothing in front of my Rab. my preception can be wrong. but as the hadith said if u r doubtful then avoid it. so avoid being taghut. this time doubt was created by quran's verse not an opinion of any commentator.
meaning where did u get the impression of me = taghut from....? the opinion on Music is pretty clear from authentic sunnah... all I tried to do was show you that:
http://islamqa.info/en/ref/5000
now if you think you are smarter than IbnAbbas R.A, the companion and student of RAsoolAllah S.A.W (to whom Prophet S.A.W gave a beautiful dua) then its your choice, I can't force anything on you... coz it has been narrated from him:
Allaah says in Soorat Luqmaan (interpretation of the meaning):
“And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks (i.e. music, singing) to mislead (men) from the path of Allaah…” [Luqmaan 31:6]
The scholar of the ummah, Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: this means singing.
Mujaahid (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: this means playing the drum (tabl). (Tafseer al-Tabari, 21/40).
Al-Hasan al-Basri (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: this aayah was revealed concerning singing and musical instruments (lit. woodwind instruments). (Tafseer Ibn Katheer, 3/451).

it also explains to you another hadith:
The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:
“Among my ummah there will certainly be people who permit zinaa, silk, alcohol and musical instruments…” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari ta’leeqan, no. 5590; narrated as mawsool by al-Tabaraani and al-Bayhaqi. See al-Silsilah al-Saheehah by al-Albaani, 91).
Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: This is a saheeh hadeeth narrated by al-Bukhaari in his Saheeh, where he quoted it as evidence and stated that it is mu’allaq and majzoom. He said: Chapter on what was narrated concerning those who permit alcohol and call it by another name.
This hadeeth indicates in two ways that musical instruments and enjoyment of listening to music are haraam. The first is the fact that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “[they] permit” which clearly indicates that the things mentioned, including musical instruments, are haraam according to sharee’ah, but those people will permit them. The second is the fact that musical instruments are mentioned alongside things which are definitely known to be haraam, i.e., zinaa and alcohol: if they (musical instruments) were not haraam, why would they be mentioned alongside these things? (adapted from al-Silsilah al-Saheehah by al-Albaani, 1/140-141)
Shaykh al-Islam (Ibn Taymiyah) (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: This hadeeth indicates that ma’aazif are haraam, and ma’aazif means musical instruments according to the scholars of (Arabic) language. This word includes all such instruments. (al-Majmoo’, 11/535).

read that article.. now if it seems unclear or imposing smething upon you, then I can't do anything.. your choice; but please respect the ahadith and the scholars who spent their life learning and preaching them...

Status
Not open for further replies.