• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

BAN MUSIC CAMPAIGN - For Muslim brothers and sisters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Yup..plz do...infact check it now... :)

....but you did say, it's not haram...didn't you..?
I said I'm not sure if it's halal or haram. Not haraam doesn't mean something is necessarily halaal. You know , I thought it's one of the things that lie between the halaal and haraam, by that I mean makrooh and those things. Like mangoes , I don't think it's stated in the Quran and Ahadith that mangoes are halaal or haraam, but you have to reflect. Same goes with computer , I don't know any verse or ahadith that says using computer is halaal or haraam. But you have to reflect( there are quotation(s) about reflecting). And I was/ am still under research. Allah knows best.
btw I'll just check the lecture now.

Reaction score
Yup..plz do...infact check it now... :)

....but you did say, it's not haram...didn't you..?
I'm listening to it , halfway through the lecture. taking a break now. Some of the things I don't agree to, like he said, music can't be used for good. well, it can! I am not a heavy listener of music, but I'm sure 90% of us here must have heard the song "Eye of the tiger" and 50% of us here are familiar with the songs of the Pakistani band "Junoon" who use Sufi messages as lyrics in their songs. I'm not saying it's correct! I'm not saying it's halaal! But here's a point , it can be used for good!

Reaction score
And I have a doubt about the thing he said in the beginning , that deep down you all know it's haraam. I don't think you can claim a thing to be haraam by just feeling it deep down.
I doubt that it's all about deep down, it's about knowledge! I am not defending music. But the thing is, when I try to look deep down, what I come to see is, it needs more research! And Allah knows best.

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
I'm listening to it , halfway through the lecture. taking a break now. Some of the things I don't agree to, like he said, music can't be used for good. well, it can! I am not a heavy listener of music, but I'm sure 90% of us here must have heard the song "Eye of the tiger" and 50% of us here are familiar with the songs of the Pakistani band "Junoon" who use Sufi messages as lyrics in their songs. I'm not saying it's correct! I'm not saying it's halaal! But here's a point , it can be used for good!
Well, to be honest, I don't know about them, so I won't comment about it...
And, anyway if it can be used for good, we should anyway not encourage it..cuz my Lord said it...there must definitely be some wisdom in it....
:D

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
And, anyway if it can be used for good, we should anyway not encourage it..cuz my Lord said it...there must definitely be some wisdom in it....
brownie surprize is 1 of my fav vids of sh. kamal em makki... hahaha :D
love it how disgusting he makes it.. esp the end! :ROFLMAO:
I showed this to many of my cousins....!

Reaction score
hehehe this man's certainly hilarious and serious! :ROFLMAO:
but, I hope I'm not ruining the fun, but I'm still not sure if music is haraam. The thing is , as he mentioned, his friend left movies but Kamal al Makki didn't tell him that it's prohibited because it was benifitting his friend. So in the same manner, I won't further my discussion, and I too agree to avoid music where possible .
I think the discussion started with music being haraam. I didn't say it's haraam , nor halaal. I was only trying to say that we should look it in deeper way that you can't just call it haraam just because it's bad( just like eating pan(non tobacco) ) , but I'm not sure. And on that note, about 25% of the xtremepapers community including my friends and smzimran
dragged me into a circle of people and tried to beat me down till I get the point :( :p

Reaction score
and I can guarantee that someone else later will misread my posts and drag me into the circle of these peaceful people again :/

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
hehehe this man's certainly hilarious and serious! :ROFLMAO:
but, I hope I'm not ruining the fun, but I'm still not sure if music is haraam. The thing is , as he mentioned, his friend left movies but Kamal al Makki didn't tell him that it's prohibited because it was benifitting his friend. So in the same manner, I won't further my discussion, and I too agree to avoid music where possible .
I think the discussion started with music being haraam. I didn't say it's haraam , nor halaal. I was only trying to say that we should look it in deeper way that you can't just call it haraam just because it's bad( just like eating pan(non tobacco) ) , but I'm not sure. And on that note, about 25% of the xtremepapers community including my friends and smzimran
dragged me into a circle of people and tried to beat me down till I get the point :( :p

just listen to end of music lecture.... it will explain... scholars know that only if something seems bad you don't make it haram... they have knowledge and know ahadith... so don't worry about them, they know their job...

if even after that lecture you have problems being convinced try reading this fatwa Scholarly opinion on Music with evidences from Quran and Sunnah

haha, no one is beating you bro.. does it benifit any of them if you agree with their openion or stay away from music...???

Reaction score
i am sorry ... he tried to pass a great message but i certainly dont agree with him :)

Reaction score
assalamu alaikum dear brothers and sisters in Islam, I'm not sure if I posted this video in this thread before. i tried checking if I did, but there are too many pages, and I'm kinda lazy. :p
I'll post it again just to make sure you accept that music IS haraam:

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
I alhamdulilah have quit music thanx to the encouragement and help of badrobot14 and alhamdulilah i have never felt better
i am now closer to Allah and love listening to the quraan. So plz do take that small step and stop ure music addiction for ure benfit in this world and the hereaftar inshallah :)

Alhamdulillah, la hawlla wa la Quwwata illa billah!! That's great news keep it up! (y) May Allah make you, me and muslims here steadfast upon Islam.. Aameen!

Reaction score
What about birds chirping, raining, car horns and so on?

You know, they're music too.
yes
but the music being talked about here is the one generated from stringed musical instruments
Muslim scholars believe Prophet Daud also had a musical voice..Anyways Birds glorify Allah when they chirp!

We bestowed on Dawud Our great favour: “O mountains and birds! Echo his songs of praise!” And We made iron malleable for him. (Surah Saba, 10)

please correct me if i am wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.