• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Bad result in AS level what to do?

Reaction score
I had 4 subjects, got the following grades
C in Physics
D in Mathematics
E in Chemistry
U in English Language

I am very uncertain, please help me! I guess I should repeat mathematics, chemistry and e.l. but i was wondering whether the CIE chooses the best result or the second time result for example i give in OCT/NOV. , then will they choose the best result or they will take my oct/nov result?

Reaction score
English Language results are shockingly horrible. I myself got an E even though I was an A grade student all year round. I'm sending my paper for a recheck since the teachers at my school advised me not to give a retake, because universities don't really care about it that much.

Reaction score
English Language results are shockingly horrible. I myself got an E even though I was an A grade student all year round. I'm sending my paper for a recheck since the teachers at my school advised me not to give a retake, because universities don't really care about it that much.
but what about Chemistry and Mathematics?

Reaction score
bro you won't believe my grades, you just won't. I'm giving retakes,maybe that's the best thing as we're still not sure whether this link is true or not. Best of luck. If your name is in the list of papers which were unfairly checked you will def get to now by oct 15th,I know it's really stupid cause that's when the retake would be but can't really help it,can we? :(

Reaction score
bro you won't believe my grades, you just won't. I'm giving retakes,maybe that's the best thing as we're still not sure whether this link is true or not. Best of luck. If your name is in the list of papers which were unfairly checked you will def get to now by oct 15th,I know it's really stupid cause that's when the retake would be but can't really help it,can we? :(
In which subjects are you giving retake and why? not good? Man I am totally confused what to do?

Reaction score
I got freakin' E's. I'm retaking phy and chem hopefully. dropping math cause i got worse in it and I don't have an aptitude for it anyway as such. You should give retakes too eventhough I have NO FREAKIN idea how I will cope with A2 and as exams together but this leaves me with no damn choice.

Reaction score
but what about Chemistry and Mathematics?
Don't know cause I personally got an A in mathematics and so did a lot of people in my school. May be you just genuinely messed it up? I didn't give chemistry, but I heard people did score A's. As far as english language is concerned, not a single A in my school and hardly any B's. That's why people are saying the CIE messed up that subject big time this year.

Reaction score
listen friends, many of us haven't got our desired results after sheer hard work, but don't just get stuck in the moment and no need to be so grade oriented, remember the importance of alevels, which is just to enter into a decent university which depends on admission tests and half weight-age is given to your grades, your personality and co-curricular will gave you an edge even if you got mediocre grades so kindly don't waste time on repeating and pondering over the result. simply move on. (y)

Reaction score
listen friends, many of us haven't got our desired results after sheer hard work, but don't just get stuck in the moment and no need to be so grade oriented, remember the importance of alevels, which is just to enter into a decent university which depends on admission tests and half weight-age is given to your grades, your personality and co-curricular will gave you an edge even if you got mediocre grades so kindly don't waste time on repeating and pondering over the result. simply move on. (y)
So should I repeat Chemistry and English only?

Reaction score
So should I repeat Chemistry and English only?
My sincere advice will be that give only Chemistry, you can improve your grade in it but Language is a thing which you can't improve overnight, it will take a lot of time to do reading and practicing in English. So just be ok with the English grade, it won't matter much in your university application. Sciences are important.