• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Bad Handwriting

Reaction score
Dear fellow members,

I have a problem,which is namely my handwriting.It is not nice,and thus does not look that tidy. All of my teachers have been complaining about it.They think I'll be in trouble during the O level marking( I'm taking the June '11 Session). Anyone of you have any solutions or experience about it?

I really fear that they will not mark my papers fairly,especially the essay type ones. I have around 4-5 months left to the exam.I would really appreciate any help/advice given.

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Dont worry dear about ur handwriting unless its so bad that the reader has problems understanding what u have written!!! ;) Rest u dont need extremely good hadnwriting as far as i know there are no marks for handwriting in examination unless its extrememly bad or not understandable

WHAT U WRITE MATTERS NOT HOW IT LOOKS

Reaction score
Write clearly............... as far as it is understandable and clear it wont cause any problem.AND YEAH NO MARKS ARE AWARDED FOR BEAUTIFUL HANDWRITING.........................but be careful not to be too bad at handwriting that it becomes unclear to read..........because even if you know the answer the examiner wont understand so chances of marks being CUT.

HOPE THIS HELPS

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies!

Well I don't know how to show my handwriting here, but the teachers say it's bad. So right now I'm even more confused.

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
ask people whom u can show...whether it is easily readable..or may be take a snap and attach it here :)

Reaction score
Math_angel said:
ask people whom u can show...whether it is easily readable..or may be take a snap and attach it here :)

I will try to.But it might take some time though .

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
This is NOT A BIG PROBLEM...it's not a PROBLEM I must say!!!
A friend of mine has a hand-writing which is impossible to understand...
But he got straight A's ... which was UNBELIEVABLE to many teachers and friends!!!

Reaction score
Nibz said:
This is NOT A BIG PROBLEM...it's not a PROBLEM I must say!!!
A friend of mine has a hand-writing which is impossible to understand...
But he got straight A's ... which was UNBELIEVABLE to many teachers and friends!!!

Wow :) nice. And that was in O levels? wow. The way my teachers talk about my handwriting,sounds like they'll just chuck my paper out of the window :(

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Same was the case with that friend of mine!!!!
A Head-Teacher even told him once (while he was doing his paper) ..that he should forget about appearing in the CIE examination with such a hand-writing!!
But in the end... he gave all his papers with that same hand-writing and got St. A's :)
SO DO NOT WORRY!!!
I'm not saying that don't improve ur hand-writing,, but this can be done later-after the exams - NOW CONCENTRATE on ur studies ONLY ,, NOT HAND-WRITING!!!

Reaction score
Nibz said:
Same was the case with that friend of mine!!!!
A Head-Teacher even told him once (while he was doing his paper) ..that he should forget about appearing in the CIE examination with such a hand-writing!!
But in the end... he gave all his papers with that same hand-writing and got St. A's :)
SO DO NOT WORRY!!!
I'm not saying that don't improve ur hand-writing,, but this can be done later-after the exams - NOW CONCENTRATE on ur studies ONLY ,, NOT HAND-WRITING!!!

True, I must concentrate on my studies more.Handwriting could be maybe 10 mins a day or so. Wow his handwriting must be really bad then.But my geograpy teacher said something like if they can't understand the word they'll just circle it and minus a mark.He said that was given in the instructions to the markers.Hmmmm.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
I sketched the whole story to you!!
Now the choice is simply yours!!

Reaction score
Nibz said:
I sketched the whole story to you!!
Now the choice is simply yours!!

No,no don't get me wrong.I'm not doubting you or your story.I'm just shocked with my teachers,why are they all trying to give me premature heartattacks? :( especially when they know I have to work harder since I'm missing 5 months of syllabus.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
It's just that they are trying to make things easier for themselves!!! ;)
But if your hand writing is really not readable then you've to do something about it!!!!

Reaction score
Nibz said:
It's just that they are trying to make things easier for themselves!!! ;)
But if your hand writing is really not readable then you've to do something about it!!!!

True,agreed. It is quite readable,I will try my level best to upload a picture of my handwriting soon(in 2-3 weeks).