• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Sociology..!! just tell me the chapters..! please

Reaction score
well basically i have the Cambridge international as and a levels sociology text book by Andy Barnard, terry Burgess and mike Kirby and ofcourse i have printed the syllabus too.. (for AS only "the family" and "theory and methods" is coming.) and so i am confused about exactly what chapters am i to study ?? please people! i dont have much time as i am studying this sub from scratch :/

Reaction score
fo
well basically i have the Cambridge international as and a levels sociology text book by Andy Barnard, terry Burgess and mike Kirby and ofcourse i have printed the syllabus too.. (for AS only "the family" and "theory and methods" is coming.) and so i am confused about exactly what chapters am i to study ?? please people! i dont have much time as i am studying this sub from scratch :/
You have to study first from Theory and Method chapter. First you have to know about sociological perspective like ideologies of Functionalism, Marxism, Feminism, Interactionism, Post modernism and know what they see about society. After that you can tell me and ask further more because without this, You can do nothing, These things are the basics of sociology.

Reaction score
:D thank you! you see i have started from chapter 5: the family. the syllabus under the heading, "the family and social change" has bullet points and i have understood the first one properly only. the second point is hard to find in the same chapter i think (i just read through the chapter yet). alright ill go through the first chapter completely inshallah by tomorrow and tell you :D thank you once again

Reaction score
:D thank you! you see i have started from chapter 5: the family. the syllabus under the heading, "the family and social change" has bullet points and i have understood the first one properly only. the second point is hard to find in the same chapter i think (i just read through the chapter yet). alright ill go through the first chapter completely inshallah by tomorrow and tell you :D thank you once again
By the way are u a private candidate? And are u taking any tuition?

Reaction score
hey do
Hey do u happen to still have sociology notes and book?

Reaction score
does anybody hve the haralambos and holborn book soft copy or any textbook for sociology?pliiz if u do pliz kindly post it for me here...;)fanx