• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Practical Paper 34 - Apparatus?

Reaction score
Let's discuss the possible apparatus coming in AS Chemistry, Physics and Biology Paper 34 practicals.
(I will edit this post as the apparatus get confirmed in the thread)

Outcome of thread:
=====================================================================
As far as I've heard from my teachers:

For chemistry there could be an acid titration (she was like slow the burette around 19 cm3) with enthalpy change and (not sure) qualitative analysis (anion, cation, etc.).

For physics, there are no electricity questions, and the past practicals that we had were related to force-meters and a ruler (not sure why she gave all this).

For biology, I have no idea cause we didn't have a teacher for past 2 months.

Reaction score
These teachers, how can you confirm what they have told you? :eek: How do they know what is in the paper?

Reaction score
These teachers, how can you confirm what they have told you? :eek: How do they know what is in the paper?
They don't know what is in the paper, well they were given with an instruction list to prepare the apparatus.
I'm looking for anyone who has an idea about the apparatus instruments for practical papers (34).

Reaction score
Oh yes ofcourse :O I will ask my teachers about it too :p And i hope you're right about no electricity coming up in physics, thats usually the trickiest ones they give!

Reaction score
What comes out in paper 33 will not appear again in paper 34? Like electricity for example.. Will it come out again in paper 34? Of course with different apparatuses and set ups.

Reaction score
Nah, I'm still looking but no one seems to have any information what so ever :(
Please ask your friends and post any relative information here.

Reaction score
But most probably it's acid titration, enthalpy change, and salt analysis.

Reaction score
Yea, for paper 33 everything was perfect, but our turn is like this..
Please inform your friends so any information will be brought in a circular manner.

Reaction score
are u sure with your informations ? u gave at top of thread ?
if ur teacher told u about the 19 cm3 .. then let her tell u about the ions ?

Reaction score
I'm not sure about them, that's what she gave us in last practicals, she refused to say anything about the paper itself.