• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Physics Practical - Paper 34

Reaction score
i took the distances from newton meter in the first question like 35,40,45,50..am i right?

Reaction score
The length from pivot and newton meter will definitely vary...only students from the same centers will have somewhat same values...and i slightly doubt point 4 in limitations and improvements will be accepted...correct me if Im wrong :s

Reaction score
Öm
The length from pivot and newton meter will definitely vary...only students from the same centers will have somewhat same values...and i slightly doubt point 4 in limitations and improvements will be accepted...correct me if Im wrong :s
we have to,vary vertical.length,to,make scale parallel to bench??

Reaction score

Point 4 is in many mark schemes of different practicals such as the pendulum experiment etc. but you might be right, if the invigilators send a report to the examiners stating that the fans were never on in the lab then they will not give credit for the point :p

Reaction score
Point 4 is in many mark schemes of different practicals such as the pendulum experiment etc. but you might be right, if the invigilators send a report to the examiners stating that the fans were never on in the lab then they will not give credit for the point :p
True..plus pendulum is a different case..there oscillations may vary due to fans and stuff...here we had no such thing...moreover we already have other strong and better points to write..anyways its over !! :p thers no use discussing it..:p

Reaction score
Öm
we have to,vary vertical.length,to,make scale parallel to bench??
Yaah the vertical length i.e. move the clamp or whatever it is called up or down OR adjust the horizontal distance between those bricks/blocks and the clamped thingy :D

Reaction score
Yaah the vertical length i.e. move the clamp or whatever it is called up or down OR adjust the horizontal distance between those bricks/blocks and the clamped thingy :D

could we write about plunger to keep the weight on it uniform plz reply i am worried some say wrong some say right

Reaction score
could we write about plunger to keep the weight on it uniform plz reply i am worried some say wrong some say right
Firstly we were asked to remove the plunger...secondly i dun understand how the plunger can keep the weight ON WATER constant !? :/ There will be no effect of plunger...the water will flow anyway.

Reaction score
Firstly we were asked to remove the plunger...secondly i dun understand how the plunger can keep the weight ON WATER constant !? :/ There will be no effect of plunger...the water will flow anyway.
no one at my centre removed the plunger :/
secondly he means if we push the plunger in we cannot keep the force applied on it constant

Reaction score
secondly he means if we push the plunger in we cannot keep the force applied on it constant
The question clearly asked us to remove the plunger...at my center the supervisor removed the plunger for those who dint...also i dun understand how will someone pour water in the syringe with the plunger attached :/ also we just had to measure time taken for the flow of water only due to gravity (bcz the syringe was vertically clampled). Moreover dint you chck the diagram of the apparatus drawn in the question !? IT HAD NO PLUNGER...ONLY THE LOWER PART OF THE SYRINGE WAS CLAMPED.

Reaction score
you could have been write has the examiner asked to add weight on the plunger and then measure the rate of flow but this was not the case... i thought it was written in english to remove the plunger maybe they didnt know what plunger is no problem

Reaction score
hahaha u people ratafied the guess ended up messing up every single thing
dude i realised it at the last moment and redid my experiment just on time too :/
i only got the last part wrong cause i didnt have enough time :/

Reaction score
The question clearly asked us to remove the plunger...at my center the supervisor removed the plunger for those who dint...also i dun understand how will someone pour water in the syringe with the plunger attached :/ also we just had to measure time taken for the flow of water only due to gravity (bcz the syringe was vertically clampled). Moreover dint you chck the diagram of the apparatus drawn in the question !? IT HAD NO PLUNGER...ONLY THE LOWER PART OF THE SYRINGE WAS CLAMPED.
i know that i realise 15 min bfore end of paper i redid my experiment could only redo till the last part was your values of time for relapse between 5-8 ?