• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Physics PH01 Unit 1

Reaction score
I think the paper will b difficult dis time, coz last paper was quite easy...wat do u think??

Reaction score
Hmmmmm im really not sure, but i guess this one's gna be a hrd paper too :( </3
Im guessing more of mechanics than materials *-*?

Reaction score
January sessions are always harder than June sessions..
But, I'm actually not sure about tomorrow's session..

Reaction score
Hmmmmm im really not sure, but i guess this one's gna be a hrd paper too :( </3
Im guessing more of mechanics than materials *-*?
I rather get more questions in mechanics than materials..cz mechanics questions are easier for me...lol..maybe thats cz im a further maths student..:p

Reaction score
Im not sure January 2012 was hard since it had low grade boundary , june wasnt that hard hoping for an easy paper , Every Paper I Noticed has a material question at the end a long one about springs and sometime in the first 5 written questions they ask about definations and so anyway goodluck all :D

Reaction score
Screw this shit. That paper was horrible. Comment in how it was guys. We can predict if they will lower the grade boundaries or not.

Reaction score
I Never dropped more than 3 marks in my exams , got 78 in my mocks but this exam was so effing Hard even my friends who got like 6 or 7 A*'s in O Level Said It Was The hardest paper ever , The Boat Questions Wasnt understandable it was soo ahrd

Reaction score
Guys for the last 2 multiple choice i choose Squrroot of a squuared + b squared and the last one hadnt enough so just choosed C :S the boat question i used cos(20) times the forca times the area to get it and the second part i said newton third law so force by boat on water west therefore force by water on boat east , The Vector diagram messed up no time, the acceleration i used the force i calculated in a =m*a got it as 3.55 or smthn the last 2 parts used w=f*d so w=430 ( the force he gave us ) *5 to get workdone in 1 sec so i divide it by 1 which stays the same to get the rate of workdone by air resistance :S the spring squestion first part i made a silly mistake used f=kx although it doesnt obey hooks law the energy i got as 0.558 then used e=mgh to get the height which was around 1.5-1.6 the last page didnt knw why it was 30 just said calcualion error, the reason why the height is less i explained air ressitance and friction :S on the boat the laminar and turbulent flow waas in a hurry so i didnt draw correctly i redrew the boat and drew laminar and at the rear turbulent the bone question last part i said that it also composed of the low compressive strain type of bone ( forgot the name) so it can handle much less stress

Reaction score
all of that is mostly what i got aswell :) 1.5 was my height and for the next part why 30 its was because he ignored the 25.5 cm value because he though it was an anomaly. so he used the other 3 which ended up adding to 90 and then just divide by 3 to get average which was 30.