• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

As physics p1 MCQS YEARLY ONLY.

Reaction score
how is that possible? if F and a are in the same direction, shouldn't v be in that direction too?
and one more question:
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_s07_qp_1.pdf
Q1
how is that possible? if F and a are in the same direction, shouldn't v be in that direction too?
and one more question:
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_s07_qp_1.pdf
Q1
ok i am help u with this one.

SI base SI base units
Electric current Ampere (A)
Time Seconds (s)
Mass Kilogram (kg)
Length metre (m)
Temperature Kelvin (K)
Amount of substance Mole (mol)
Luminous intensity Candela (Cd)

Coulomb, joule or any other quantity is not SI base. Just the above 7.

Reaction score
ok i am help u with this one.

SI base SI base units
Electric current Ampere (A)
Time Seconds (s)
Mass Kilogram (kg)
Length metre (m)
Temperature Kelvin (K)
Amount of substance Mole (mol)
Luminous intensity Candela (Cd)

Coulomb, joule or any other quantity is not SI base. Just the above 7.

sorry, I meant Q10 and Q12 :)

Reaction score
sorry, I meant Q10 and Q12 :)

ok, no problem :)

Force = change in momentum (division sign) change in time.
This is newton's second law. The net force acting on an object is directly proportional to the rate of change linear momentum. the net force and the change in momentum are in the same direction.

since this is a graph, imagine the upper portion as positive and the lower portion as negative. so its +p1 and -p2

p1-p2/ t2-t1 or we could say -p2+p1/t2-t1

u try to understand this while i try to solve no 12.

Reaction score
ok, no problem :)

Force = change in momentum (division sign) change in time.
This is newton's second law. The net force acting on an object is directly proportional to the rate of change linear momentum. the net force and the change in momentum are in the same direction.

since this is a graph, imagine the upper portion as positive and the lower portion as negative. so its +p1 and -p2

p1-p2/ t2-t1 or we could say -p2+p1/t2-t1

u try to understand this while i try to solve no 12.

isn't change in momentum equal to the final momentum minus the initial momentum, ie; p2-p1/t2-t1

Reaction score
yeah u r right. u got it. but its a graph. and in a graph we consider the upper part (+) and the lower part as negative. so the value of p1 (coz its on the upper portion) is +p1. and for p2 its on the lower portion so its -p2.

Attachments

• IMG_1650.JPG
    IMG_1650.JPG
    269.5 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score
yeah u r right. u got it. but its a graph. and in a graph we consider the upper part (+) and the lower part as negative. so the value of p1 (coz its on the upper portion) is +p1. and for p2 its on the lower portion so its -p2.

ok, thanks a bunch

Reaction score

Let's say we have an object moving to the right, i.e. the vector v is pointing to the right. Then, we pull the object to the left, i,e. F is pointing to the left. This causes the object to have an acceleration in the opposite direction of the initial velocity.

EDIT: Sorry for the late reply.

Reaction score
Let's say we have an object moving to the right, i.e. the vector v is pointing to the right. Then, we pull the object to the left, i,e. F is pointing to the left. This causes the object to have an acceleration in the opposite direction of the initial velocity.

EDIT: Sorry for the late reply.

oh thanks alot. no worries. it didn't come in my paper. plus, your explanation's very beneficial :)

Reaction score
can anyone help me with uncertainty and error? Oct/nov 2005. Q: 5

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    48.2 KB · Views: 11
Reaction score
the ans in C. why is D wrong?

at the beginning of the fall the object has maximum accl. but with the passage of time the air resistance increases causing the acceleration to decrease
the air resistance keeps increasing until a point comes where it becomes equal to the weight of the object,at this point the object has terminal velocity or constant velocity which means acceleration becomes zero since constant velocity means zero acceleration so the answerz C

Reaction score
can anyone help me with uncertainty and error? Oct/nov 2005. Q: 5

first find the uncertainity in mass
uncer.in mass=0.1/25=0.25
now find the uncert. in volume
volume=length*breadth*height
uncert. in vol.=0.01/5+0.01/2+0.01/1
=0.017
finally add both the uncertainities in mass and volume and multiply it with the density
=(0.25+0.017)*2.5
uncert. in the result=0.05 Ans

Reaction score
first find the uncertainity in mass
uncer.in mass=0.1/25=0.25
now find the uncert. in volume
volume=length*breadth*height
uncert. in vol.=0.01/5+0.01/2+0.01/1
=0.017
finally add both the uncertainities in mass and volume and multiply it with the density
=(0.25+0.017)*2.5
uncert. in the result=0.05 Ans

thank you so much!!! :)