• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Physics P1 MCQs Preparation Thread.

Reaction score
it says 'when the sample contracts it follows the same force extension pattern;hence definitely not plastic'

X is the limit of proportionality and Y is the elastic limit.

i guess it is because the qs says 'when the sample contracts it follows the same force-extension curve as when it was being stretched'
it means the behaviour is ELASTIC not plastic!!

Ahhhhh, okay. Thank you, both of you! :D
Jazakumullah Khair. :)

Reaction score
people taking bio u can also get help u can see some difficult questions here and practice them !!! u dont need to run through papers!!! people not taking BIO (including me :p) lets blast through the past papers and rock our examinations!! ok here i go for october 2002 but i dont have it's marking scheme!
?

Reaction score

For question 14, you need to realize that the momentum initially was equal to zero, so the momentum after the spring is released is also equal to zero.

Thus: Momentum of 2 kg trolley = mv = 2 * 2 = 4 kgms^-1 and since total momentum should be zero, 4 - 1kg * v = 0, so the velocity of the 1 kg trolley = 4 ms^-1.

We can also assume that all the energy stored in the spring is transferred to the carts, so the KE of the 2 kg Trolley = 0.5 * 2 * 2 * 2 = 4 J
KE of the 1 kg Trolley = 0.5 * 1 * 4 * 4 = 8 J
Therefore the total energy transferred from the spring to the trolleys is equal to 4 + 8 = 12 Joules of energy = D

Good Luck for your exams!

Reaction score
For question 14, you need to realize that the momentum initially was equal to zero, so the momentum after the spring is released is also equal to zero.

Thus: Momentum of 2 kg trolley = mv = 2 * 2 = 4 kgms^-1 and since total momentum should be zero, 4 - 1kg * v = 0, so the velocity of the 1 kg trolley = 4 ms^-1.

We can also assume that all the energy stored in the spring is transferred to the carts, so the KE of the 2 kg Trolley = 0.5 * 2 * 2 * 2 = 4 J
KE of the 1 kg Trolley = 0.5 * 1 * 4 * 4 = 8 J
Therefore the total energy transferred from the spring to the trolleys is equal to 4 + 8 = 12 Joules of energy = D

Good Luck for your exams!
thx i wasn't thinking of momentum

good luck to you too!!

Reaction score
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_s11_qp_12.pdf
In Q7 the acceleration is zero cuz the gradient at Q is zero?Am I right?But i donot uunderstand the displacement?

This question is tricky in that at first sight the amplitude, which is equal to the maximum displacement, may appear to be reached after 2.5 seconds, but in reality,
on a displacement time graph, at the maximum displacement you can see that the gradient of the graph is zero, i.e. the velocity is zero so the answer for the right hand side is in reality 5 and 15 - these numbers correspond to 2 different times when the displacement is maximum, i.e. when the amplitude is zero. On the right hand column, we need to select the acceleration at point Q. The acceleration at Q is equal to the gradient of the velocity time graph which is flat, parallel to the x-axis and is thus equal to zero. This means that the answer is D.

Good luck for your exams!

omg

Reaction score
q 13 plsss anybody??????

Attachments

• 9702_w09_qp_11.pdf
    184.3 KB · Views: 2

omg

Reaction score
no it is C..as the uncertanity must be rounded to 1 SF.....in the question when u see the 2 uncertanities the least one have 1 sf so rounded and ull get 0.4..wish i helped

will u help me wid the qs i just posted??

Reaction score
q 13 plsss anybody??????
this a hard one i will try my best to explain :)

first u need to know that at the highest points the vertical component is 0 so we only need to consider the horizontal component (vcos45) sub this in as velocity in 1/2mv sqr and u will get 1/2mV*2 x 1/2 this is half the original KE :)
hope u get it

omg

Reaction score
this a hard one i will try my best to explain :)

first u need to know that at the highest points the vertical component is 0 so we only need to consider the horizontal component (vcos45) sub this in as velocity in 1/2mv sqr and u will get1/2mV*2 x 1/2 this is half the original KE :)
hope u get it[/quot
im still nt clear :/