• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS PHY PRACTICAL 33

Reaction score
Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_w12_qp_31.pdf
Could anyone please tell me why the absolute uncertainty in qn no. 2(a)iii is 2 - 6mm? Isn't it supposed to be 1mm? Since thats the least count of the meter rule..
Because uncertainty is actually a practical measure of the experimenter's difficulties/limitations. 1 mm would be unrealistic as the experiment is a bit difficult and error isn't just caused by the instrument.

Reaction score
im hearing ke time from stop watch has to be given to 2 dp ? please confirm

Reaction score
its like this. you give your previous answers (for the other questions) in 3 s.f alright? so for the question they ask whats the s.f for this value, you put 3 s.f too and say, because you found the others in 3 s.f, you have this in 3 s.f as well.got dat?
Got it, Thanks :)
So does it matter what we take the s.f of the others? Or we can take whatever we want as long as we use the same s.f for this?

Reaction score
The readings from multi-meter for current and voltage has to be given exactly the same right ? like 2.45 volts or 0.78 amps

Reaction score
GUys what do we set the multimeter to when measuring voltage and Current?
200 mA for current?

Reaction score
Wat do we hav to do wid micrometer and wat is the formula for uncertainty and how to attach a rehostat ....plz ans

Reaction score
if y-axis has cm scale and x axis millisecond scale do we have to add the powers while calculating gradient please help!!

Reaction score
stop clock uncertainty to record the time ? 0.1 or 0.01 ? Should I write 5.30s or 5.3s?

Reaction score
no
if y-axis has cm scale and x axis millisecond scale do we have to add the powers while calculating gradient please help!!
u dont need to make any changes... just calculate as it is... eg. u have mA^(-1) on y-axis and cm on x-axis, the units for your gradient will be mA^(-1) cm^(-1) ....... it should be consistent with the values.. :) Hope it helps!!

Reaction score
I got some news !!

we have to measure the diameter of the wire and its somewhat 0.19-0.20mm

I dont know how much reliable this info is ..

Reaction score
Ok guys here's what i got .....
1.5 volt cell
switch
meter rule
ammeter
110 cm wire on a meter rule
20 cm wire on card sample
reheostat
8 connecring leads
micrometer screwguage

and 2nd one
2 stands with boss clamps
1 glass ball, 0r you can call it a marble ..or some people call it a Banta ...:p
patri dish
stopwatch
runway
2 wooden blocks with splints ..

and most probably it would be same like physics p34 oct/nov 2012.......

i can't confirm about the experiments ...but hopefully this is coming ...!!!...
20cm wire on card sample!! whats that for??

Reactions: i Q
Reaction score
Hey! I know How to calculate % uncertainty, yet I don't know About calculating absolute uncertainty :/