• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Maths

Reaction score
hey guys is anyone sitting the AS maths exam this May/June session? Also does anyone know whether getting like 85% in the pure maths 1 is a good score and will it put me in the right track of getting an A* in Alevel maths??

Reaction score
I am giving as maths this session. It is quite good enough for an 'a' grade in As level but you can't say anything about A2. A lot depends on the other three papers especially P-3 which is more difficult than P-1 You should look at the past GTs. But anyways you should aim higher and not just get relaxed after looking at a GT. Also the grade threshold is different for each session and for each variant.

Reaction score
True absolutely! How about if you get like 85 in Pure math, but drop in the other paper lets say mechanics, is that bad?

Reaction score
I didn't get your question ("drop in the ..").. Could you please be a bit clearer?

Reaction score
True absolutely! How about if you get like 85 in Pure math, but drop in the other paper lets say mechanics, is that bad?

Define Bad. 85% in P1 is 64 Marks out of 75. If you are aiming for A* .. then that's low in my opinion.. for A it's okay. Because next year P3 is a deal breaker..

You should get atleast aim for 70/75 in P1 .. and 40/50 for M1 .. and then 40 next year for S1 .. so that next year around 60 on P3 will get you an A*.

Regardless.. If you score 64 in P1. Then an A at AS is confirmed.. unless you score <30 in M1.. in which case you will get a B.

Reaction score
Define Bad. 85% in P1 is 64 Marks out of 75. If you are aiming for A* .. then that's low in my opinion.. for A it's okay. Because next year P3 is a deal breaker..

You should get atleast aim for 70/75 in P1 .. and 40/50 for M1 .. and then 40 next year for S1 .. so that next year around 60 on P3 will get you an A*.

Regardless.. If you score 64 in P1. Then an A at AS is confirmed.. unless you score <30 in M1.. in which case you will get a B.
Oww. Thanks! I find maths kinda harder soo for myself instead having false hopes, I better think what I am really capable for..

Atleast pure math, I am just too worried for Mechanics which I am sitting for in no time.

Thanks though :D

Reaction score

For me, Bad would be a c, d ...

Reaction score

i am taking this year P1 and M1... for my AS
can i take next year P3 ans (((S1))) for a COMPLETE A level ????????
and is s1 easir or M2

Reaction score
guys has anyone done may/june 2011 paper 1 variant 12? one of the hardest papers ive done! what have u guys got in that paper?

Reaction score
guys any revision advice for p1 ? i really need advice ,im nervous dis my second time wanna do really well, went through al topics i can do al kinds of sums except domain and range and funtion graphs i get stuck alwez , btw is it alwez necessary to draw quadrants of the trigonometry stuff showing the CAST system ? beside the trigonometry sums ?