• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS MATHS GRADE BOUNDARY EXPECTATIONS ??

Reaction score
I think GB really depends on how well the whole amount of students performed in the exam (eg. The whole year does relatively badly, GB is moved down to compensate, and vice versa), although it usually seems to stay quite stable. Personally, the exams didn't seem too difficult for me (I did C1, C2, M1 and S1 this January). I hope the requirement for an A would be a (60 to 65) out of 75 or perhaps even lower, though I doubt it.

Reaction score
I think GB really depends on how well the whole amount of students performed in the exam (eg. The whole year does relatively badly, GB is moved down to compensate, and vice versa), although it usually seems to stay quite stable. Personally, the exams didn't seem too difficult for me (I did C1, C2, M1 and S1 this January). I hope the requirement for an A would be a (60 to 65) out of 75 or perhaps even lower, though I doubt it.
I think for C1 it should be in 50s because the exam was totally different and i also wrote C2 and it was easy unlike C1 there it should be 63-65
anyway hope u get an A in all these modules
but for me im expecting B in C1 and A in C2

Reaction score
I think an A grade for C1 would probably be 64- 66. Most candidate found it easy :)

Reaction score
who found it easy ??? most people said it was different and hard compared to earlier years
and the raw marks for june 2009 was 55 for an A and our exam will be in a bit higher range for an A which is 56-58

Reaction score
who found it easy ??? most people said it was different and hard compared to earlier years
and the raw marks for june 2009 was 55 for an A and our exam will be in a bit higher range for an A which is 56-58

Well most of the candidates said it was quite easy :( ......You know , I am happy to hear it was hard, because grade boundaries will drop meaning the UMS point will also drop! so it's easier to get above 90%

Reaction score
Well most of the candidates said it was quite easy :( ......You know , I am happy to hear it was hard, because grade boundaries will drop meaning the UMS point will also drop! so it's easier to get above 90%
it was hard!!! many said that. believe me GB for an A will be below 60
well, i have a few questions
1-sigma was 64. but i was not able to get it because i didnt find u1 but i wrote that the answer is u1+u2+u3+u4
will i get 1 mark for that??
2-the value of N . i wrote N/2(2a+(N-1)d)=8500
a+(n-1)d
both below each other in an attempt to solve them simultaneously
but i wasnt able to because it was too long
will the examiner give me something ??

Reaction score
it was hard!!! many said that. believe me GB for an A will be below 60
well, i have a few questions
1-sigma was 64. but i was not able to get it because i didnt find u1 but i wrote that the answer is u1+u2+u3+u4
will i get 1 mark for that??
2-the value of N . i wrote N/2(2a+(N-1)d)=8500
a+(n-1)d
both below each other in an attempt to solve them simultaneously
but i wasnt able to because it was too long
will the examiner give me something ??

You will get 1 mark for concept on *u1+u2+u3+u4* ----mine I found U5 and added up U2 to U5...silly :)

i wrote N/2(2a+(N-1)d)=8500
a+(n-1)d----- It did not require quadratics , so you won't get any mark for working out ...wait you may probably get a mark for stating the formula ...I am quite sure of that.

Reaction score
You will get 1 mark for concept on *u1+u2+u3+u4* ----mine I found U5 and added up U2 to U5...silly :)

i wrote N/2(2a+(N-1)d)=8500
a+(n-1)d----- It did not require quadratics , so you won't get any mark for working out ...wait you may probably get a mark for stating the formula ...I am quite sure of that.
thank u !!!
and i concluded 1 more thing
according to what u said earlier
that GB for C1 would be 64-66 for A
well, if this happened then what will be the GB for C2 which was much much easier ????????????????

Reaction score
thank u !!!
and i concluded 1 more thing
according to what u said earlier
that GB for C1 would be 64-66 for A
well, if this happened then what will be the GB for C2 which was much much easier ????????????????

C2 grade boundaries should be higher than C1..probably 65-70 for A.....

Reaction score
u r really overestimating the grade boundaries
C2 was very easy
but this doesnt mean that if someone gets less than 93% it will be a B

I did not realize i overestimated the grade boundary because I did not take C2 and I have the exams in June - I just started the course :).....A should be 85% at most